Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

In hospital again :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry I haven't been around much but I went away to begin with and now have been in hospital for the past 3 days :( I was so fed up with my body and hospitals before and now am under constant observation and millions of tests again. I was sent for an urgent MRI scan on my brain and they aren't totally sure what's going on. I have a severe headache which is made worse by movement and standing up and am on regular morphine for that which makes me feel so dopey and sleepy. The MRI was inconclusive and it shows I may have inflammation in my brain and my blood test results show that there is inflammation or infection somewhere in my body. I'm so tired and fed up of been poked and prodded and in a lot of pain. Thankfully I have my mum and sister visiting with Emily my girlfriend but visiting hours are for only 3 hours a day and for the rest of it I'm by myself. I just want to go home :( and it totally sucks chat doesn't work on iPad otherwise I would be able to come tonight.

Comments

• Options
    *hug* :heart:
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Lauren, *hug*

I realize this is an exceptionally late response to your post above, and I really don't have many words to say, I did just really want to reach out to you, and offer you a supporting hand! Things sound awfully overwhelming at the moment, and you've been through so much over the years, but you've come out exceptionally strong throughout all of them, and will always continue to be strong no matter what. Being in hospital for three days, it's understandable you're feeling fed up with everything, how are things at the moment? Keep in mind, you'll always have us! Maybe not in person, but I'm always a text away! :heart:

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Thanks whispers and butterfly. Just so glad to be out and not in anymore. It feels sometimes that I spend more time in hospitals than I do at home. But am out now and hopefully that is it for this year :)