Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dealing with a miscarriage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hello,

so this is hard to type but i need some support, advise whatever..

i had a miscarriage yesterday, which confirmed i was pregnant, even though i was only 60% sure i was... i was 3 weeks and i'm so broken - all i can do is blame myself cos i can't seem to find why it happened...

i'm still down south so i have no support from friends until im back up north - which is proving difficult..

friends think i'm going to end up hosptalised again - and i can honestly see where they're coming from...

i just don't know what to do :(

Comments

• Options
    I will keep repeating this over and over again soph, it was not your fault at all. This happens to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons, usually for no specific reason at all. It's just one of those awfully traumatic things and you need to stop blaming yourself hun.

You need to rest and let yourself go through whatever emotions you feel, and remember any emotion is perfectly okay, there is no right or wrong way to feel.

Love and hugs, smurfette *hug*
  • Options
    Have you talked to your GP yet? They should be able to offer counselling.
  • Options
    I see my GP when I'm back home, so I can ask about it then? I just feel so empty. And the cramps and stabbing pains are so, so painful :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    If you haven't had a look already, http://www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/ may be able to help you with any questions or concerns you have.
  • Options
    I would suggest you go to minor injuries or possibly A&E if you're in that much pain - if you need a cover story for family say its stomach pains or something.

Its not your fault in anyway! I had a misscarriage at between 7-8 weeks and I wasn't even that sure before that point that I was pregnant. You need to be really gentle with yourself and just take everything moment by moment. Is there anyway you can go home earlier? If you need to talk then just send me a PM :)
  • Options
    I got a hot water bottle in the end, they get so intense at times where I feel like my just dying inside, slowly.

There's no, my tickets are booked for the 25th.

I want to go to heaven. Where my baby went though, I want to look after him/her so they're not alone. I want to comfort them, so no one hurts them.

• Options
    Surely they'll be looked after if they've gone to heaven :)
  • Options
    Hugs, hugs, and more hugs! *hug* *hug* *hug*

Stay strong soph xx
  • Options
    Thank youuuuu!!! Hugssssss xxx

• Options
    I can't cope with it. I want to go. I want to die. I want to be with my baby, I'm sorry :(

• Options
    Have you called anyone and talked to them about how you're feeling?
  • Options
    Nope, I can't. Everything is triggering me. I just wish I never lost it :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Sophie,

You've been through an awful lot in such a short period of time, but being here, shows an amazing amount of strength, and also by reaching out shows that you want to get support for this, which is an amazing step to take. Going through a miscarriage can be a rather frightening, lonely experience, but you're not alone. You have us.

It might be about getting further support though, how you reached out to anyone offline yet? For example your GP? Earlier on in the thread, you mentioned being in pain, how are you feeling now?

Miscarriage Association - Has an amazing helpline, were you can talk to someone, and allow yourself to feel less alone, because Sophie, you deserve the support. They are a staffed helpline, open Monday -Friday, from 9am - 4pm, they also have an E-mail you can contact, and they can get back to you as soon as possible :heart: - info@miscarriageassociation.org.uk!

Look after yourself, Sophie, and do keep us updated on how you are, just remember, you're not alone, and you can get through this because I for one, know you're an exceptionally strong person!

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart :heart:
  • Options
    Thank you WOTH.

I'm going to book an appointment with doctor so I can see if I'm "eligible" for counselling... Worth giving it ago to see if it helps.

It's just really difficult ATM. And I can't stop thinking about it all.

• Options
    My friends auntie is a counsellor and she said she's happily help me through problems so in thinkin if bringing this up may help a little?

• Options
    I'm so proud of you Soph! :heart:
  • Options
    I'll meet her Thursday at Costa for a coffee and then I guess well get to x

• Options
    Sounds like a good plan, a drink and talking.

A week ago you wouldn't have even thought about doing this and now you are.. you should be proud of yourself too xx
  • Options
    Don't think I'm proud yet, more scared. Like Lisa said on Saturday. I don't open up, I push people away and I run from my problems instead of face them.

• Options
    Yet it seems like you've realised that, and that's a step in the right direction.

You'll get there Soph, and over the last few days, you've made great progress *hug*
  • Options
    Aye. Scared in all honesty, don't know if I'll be able to bring it up *hug*

• Options
    Do you want to talk about exactly what scares you about it? :heart:
  • Options
    It may help you to write it down?
  • Options