Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Constipation and strange feeling in stomach

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I've been constipated for a couple of days now, which is unusual. I also feel kinda like I'm not digesting food properly, although I still get hungry.
The nearest appointment at my GP is for the 28th, unless I call on the day. Do you think this is A&E material?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No!!! Go to a pharmacy, eat lots of dried fruit, eat lots of natural yoghurt, take some laxatives or use some suppositories if needs be. 2 weeks then yes go to A&E but not after a couple of days!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Alright, no need to shout! :) Thanks for the advice.
    As I've said it's very unusual, especially for more than a few hours. But I'm more worried about feeling that my stomach's not working.

EDIT: Also, I don't think I could take 2 weeks of constantly needing to use the toilet but being unable to do anything.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    But I'm more worried about feeling that my stomach's not working.

It's a really uneasy feeling isn't it. :( Have you tried NHS Direct for some peace of mind?

In addition to Miss Riot's suggestion, I'd recommend some peppermint tea - it can work wonders and is my first point of call when feeling such symptoms.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trust me, 2 weeks of constipation makes you feel bloody awful! Have you been drinking enough and eating enough roughage? Didn't mean to shout!