Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Expert Chat - Mental Health & Relationships

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey Everyone :wave:

On Tuesday 18th February, 7-8pm, we're running a special expert chat about mental health and relationships.

What's it about?

Our mental health can have huge impacts on our relationships and our relationships can really affect our mental health.

How we're feeling and what we're thinking can change how we deal with the people around us, our partners, family and friends. They can also have effects on us, both positive and not so positive.

So how can we manage this? How can we try and talk to people close to us about our mental health? If you have questions like those, this is your chance to talk about it with an expert.

Who'll be leading it?

Our expert is Rachel Boyd from the mental health charity Mind. Here's a bit about her:
12476311055_a1ed111d2e_t.jpg
"I've been working for Mind since November as an Information Officer. I write information booklets on mental health problems, and help to make sure all of Mind's information is clear and useful. Before this job, I worked for Mind's Infoline. I spoke to lots of people in distress and facing difficult situations, and worked with them to find support and look at ways of feeling better.

I think it's really important that people have access to help and support. Being able to tell someone how you're feeling, whether it's a friend or a support service, can be life-saving. So I'm really excited to hear what you've got to say about your relationships and mental health."
photo.jpg
As well as Rachel, Youtube sensation Beckie0 will be coming along to add her own thoughts, drawing on her experience of how mental health problems can affect relationships.

How will it work?

Expert chat sessions are group chats and your questions and comments will be held in a queue for Rachel to answer one at a time over the hour. A couple of the mods will be in chat too to look after everything and help out.

You will be able to log into the chat once it opens from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

The transcript from the chat will be published in our archive and at our new MadlyInLove site, but all names will be changed to protect anonymity.

Any other questions just ask below ;)

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    ^ Update.

Beckie0 will also be coming along!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey names 'Beckie0' on YouTube ;) Just saying!! But OMG :heart:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I will hopefully be coming to this, if I remember!

Well spotted!

A quick reminder that this is tonight!
    Okay, we're open.

Come on in!
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian

Her*

I'm saddened I missed this however! I can't wait to see the chat transcript though, when is it up? :)
    We're working on the transcript now, and it will go up when our tech guys have revamped the chat archive page! We're not quite sure when that will be, be we'll let you know when it happens ;)