Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

trying again

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    thanks I was too nervous to look into it, been thinking about it a bit though. it was really hard talkig to her. I could try tell what I told her and what she said. yeahi tried to have a relaxed day but bit stressful and confusing tbh.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey guys - I've deleted the last couple of posts as we were getting a bit off-topic :)

katie - opening up to your friend was a huge step! I can totally understand that it must have felt pretty scary and unsettling. It sounds like that conversation has made you see yourself a bit differently. Seeing ourselves in a new way can often feel a bit like someone's pulled the carpet from under us. It's normal for it to take a while to process. How are you feeling about everything now? Is it any less strange?

One possibly helpful thing about calling a helpline like the one I posted earlier is that they don't know you. Maybe talking to them would be a bit different than talking to your friend?

Hope you're okay :)
  • Options
    thanks, you it did make me look at myself differently, and still doesn't feel normal. thanks I will think about ringing them again and maybe give it a go, thanks
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Okay :)
    If it's still a bit daunting, you could try writing down what you want to say before you phone. That might make it a little easier?
  • Options
    thanks jpick, that's a good idea I willtry that. today I still feel strange, kinda lost like I still don't know who I am anymore! I don't know what to believe about myself :(