Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Self Harm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi guys so I came across this site unexpectedly tonight and from reading other peoples posts it seems like a great site to be able to feel supported and part of something. So I thought it could finally be a place where I can let out everything going on in my messed up head!
I've been going through some hard times recently, i am no longer talking to my dad, he has put me down ever since he moved out, 10 years ago, and i finally had the courage to stand up to him. I have also just had my mock exams which didn't exactly go to well when getting my results, and it makes my head feel like its going to explode because all people are talking about now are results. In addition to this my friends are being very distant recently. I have been seeing a guy for 4 months now and they don't like him at all. It really hurts because I really like him and they don't understand how much he means to me but they seem to think ignoring me and insulting him to my face is the best way to deal with it.

I really just feel like sometimes i just cant cope! i sat in the toilets and cried my eyes out today and i just felt so lost, and that's when i realised what i had been doing... all day i had just been scratching continuously at my wrist and it was only at this point i started to see what i had done. I have never self harmed before but once i had realised what i had done i felt slightly more in control of my feelings.

I'm sorry for ranting i just needed to actually tell someone truthfully how i have been feeling as i have had no one to talk to about any of this!!

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Hey

Welcome to the boards. I am glad you have found us and hopefully we can be of some support to you.

I am sorry to hear about how you are feeling, things with your dad and your friends that all seems very tough, could you maybe have a chat with your friends and speak about how it's making you feel them being distant with you?

With regards to your self harm, how do you feel about chatting to somebody about it.

This article is about going to your GP about self harm, and also could help answer questions you may have if you wanted to take that step to talking about it.

Also this is a good link about telling somebody you self harm, sometimes telling somebody you trust is the first step to getting that support you need and deserve.

Sorry to hear about your mock exams, could you chat to your teacher about your results, they may be able to offer you extra support and advice. How do you feel about your results?

I fully relate to feeling in control of your feelings by self harming. It's difficult when we feel out of control of what we are feeling, I understand.

Your not alone in any of this we care about you.

Keep us posted lovely
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "