Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Covering up marks/scratches

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone
I was wondering if anyone knows what would be the best way you cover up scratches and self harm marks. I have some on my arm and I cover them up by wearing long sleeve tops. Although when going to a&e or seeing nurses there who take blood for testing comment on my arm and ask, this also applies to friends and I'm wondering what to do in the summer time.
Any products I could use? Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    Hey Sonia :)

Are these scars or are these still healing wounds?

There are a lot of things in this article that you could try if they're scars, and also Bio-oil.

I have never tried anything to cover up healing cuts, but I'm pretty sure there are creams you can get to do that.

I hope you're okay xx
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Sonia,

Often Bio-Oil is suggested, however, my skin has an awful reaction to it, and it was pointless, I used to get long sleeves, which would cover your arm up to your elbow, their great to use now, as it's winter, and also keep your arms nice and toasty :3 - I have this one, which was fairly cheap...Here

Often when you go to take blood tests, your nurse doesn't really have a right to discuss the marks on your arm, and you can avoid answering her, if you wanted to. It can be frustrating when people comment on your arm, but do let us know how you get onn,

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Options
    Try cocoa butter, it works very well on stretch marks
  • Options
    *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I second cocoa butter. It has helped my scars.. you gotta be consistant with it tho. Its good though :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "