Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mystery

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey.

My non-drug-taking friend is living with some junkies but we're trying to figure out what it is they're taking.

I reckon it's either smack or crack.

Here are the clues:

They never sleep, and spoons with burn marks have been found in the bathroom.

There are some small blood stains on their t-shirts. Their temperament is quite happy, noisy and lively, but never aggressive, violent or threatening.

Their appearance is unhealthy: tired, pale faces and thin bodies.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Heroin I reckon!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    100% sure it's smack!

Dissolving it in the spoons, for transfer to syringe, for injecting – hence blood spots on cloths.

Just keep well clear of any needles – risk of catching HIV etc.

But, in my view, not as bad as crack, but still wouldn't like to be hanging around them personally!
    never aggressive, violent or threatening.

- and that's a clue that it isn't crack

;)
  • Options
    im pretty sure its speed, due to the fact they never sleep and are noisy and lively. A lot of people inject speed.
  • Options
    Do people still inject speed, rainbow brite?

Maybe its just not a West Country thing, last time I heard of people doing it was over 15 years ago back in the South-East.

But, yep you could be right - could be speed.

Certainly think you can rule crack out
    :D
  • Options
    Heroin with out a doubt...steer clear I say!;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    yes people do still inject speed. i injected speed for 4 years :(
    If it was heroin, id say they would sleep more than usual and almost certainly wouldnt be particularly noisy and lively due to the nature of the drug.

if you dont mind me asking how much speed did you used to do a day rainbow?

as for the original question i think its speed the livelyness cant be the smack effect! Plus the fact they are thin build. Whenever i been on a speed binge for a few days with no sleep i feel like i lost a few stone and i aint got much to lose already lol
  • Options
    I would usually do between a 16th to an 8th of speed a day. but it varied a lot depending on how much money i had and availability.
  • Options
    just a question...... are they always chewing there faces off?? lol if so definitely speed!
  • Options
    do they talk shit incessantly? if so, its speed.
  • Options
    speeds also great for concentration always on crap though most of the time lol
  • Options
    Nice one guys

Hey!

Fab response, thanks for all your ideas, very helpful.

I've gathered that it's gotta be smack, and perhaps some whizz on the side.

They're also playing about with coke, since rolled up paper's been found... could just be the casual joint though!!

Don't know about the gurning, will have to ask.

Wish my friend could help them out somehow, instead of just selfishly walking away and leaving them to their misery! Having said that, they seem happy at the moment and haven't yet reached the critical Trainspotting phase.

Thanks again guys.
  • Options
    If theyre injecting smack and speed, then i dont see why they wouldnt inject their coke as well?
  • Options
    i think you can be 99% sure it's speed as rainbow said.
    heroin is extremely laid back and i doubt 99% that any heroin is involved from your description.
    with heroin they would appear to be nodding off all the time and despite the pleasant dreamy condition there would be a slight air of despera tion if they were doing this regular.
    all speed freaks inject dont they ? or have i just been hanging out with a bad crowd.................
  • Options
    I dont know about that, I've never met anyone who've shot up speed, most of the time they just bomb it.
    Mainly because we all get base and you'd struggle to put that in your arm.
    I guess I havent been hanging out with 'hardcore' speed freeks, although a friend would do 3-4 day binges.
  • Options
    Speedballing???

Mixture of heroin and speed at the same time??

Or am I totally confused...
  • Options
    I guess I havent been hanging out with 'hardcore' speed freeks, although a friend would do 3-4 day binges.
    right....warn them that mine turned into 3 or 4 yr binges...smack for years and then wean myself off that and on to billy and then with the help of cocaine i would a few yrs down the road wean myself back on to the warm brown glow of heroin. and then when that was getting me down i'd smoke lots of weed and and do cocaine as the heroin diminished in me i was ready for my next crack at thouroly ? enjoying being a speed freak again.
    i had a chemical love affair that would have destroyed me by now if i was the kind of person who realy didn't know when to get off.
    i cannot for the life of me understand how i could possibly see at any point in my future where i could consider using speed or a small silver needle for pleasure ever again. but i think despair of some kind possibly could lead me into the arms of oblivian.