Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I cut myself today...after 4 years of no cuts.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today I cut myself and there was no release, no weight off my shoulders. Now I've done it I don't want to stop, I want to cover my legs in cuts and it scares me. I stopped cutting 4 years ago and I have hardly thought about it over the years. I have supportive family and friends that I could talk to but I don't want to worry them.
I cut myself and now I don't want to stop but I'm scared that if I do more my boyfriend will notice. Please help me, please.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi IrishLily23 and welcome to the boards :wave:

I noticed that in your post you said that you have not cut for over 4 yrs and that you are feeling scared as you feel that you don't want to stop. You also say that you have a supportive family. Do you think you could you make an appointment with your G.P to discuss triggers and support?

Especially if you don't want to speak with your family. You say you're also feeling scared by your own feelings so maybe discussing this with a close friend rather than family may help?

Have you seen the self harm section here on TheSite? There is plenty of information there that might be useful for you to read including some info on confiding in someone about self harm and having self harm relapse.

Let us know how you're doing *hug*

jennaflower