Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I am Snoopy the newbie,
I have tried other sites but they were not much help so thought I would give this one a try I have boarder line personality disorder which affects my moods I have good days and bad days,
Sadly I take a lot of medication to be honest I take about 20 pills per day some of which I am now medically addicted,
Why do doctors prescribe tablets and never follow up on there patients some of my meds I have been on now for 10 15 years which is far to long,
And now I have been told I will never be able to come off of the ones I am addicted to,
Does any one hear have simler problems like I do it would be interesting to know hope to hear from some one,
Snoopy:wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey snoopy,

Welcome to Thesite boards! :)

Just to let you know, it might be worth making a thread in the 'health and wellbeing'
    forum as more people are likely to see it there to reply.

*hug*
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Snoopy,

Much love for the name, gosh, haven't watched Snoopy in ages, however, have many posters of him from a younger age, who doesn't? ;) Welcome to TheSite.org message boards, it's great to have you as a member here, and we have an ARRAY of people on here, who are loving, caring,etc. It's just finding the support that's right for you, were not a crisis service however, but can help you in encouraging you to take steps to getting further support, etc as well as name organizations in the UK aimed at people aged 16-25, etc.

It might be worth starting to take a look at the 'Start here' section of TheSite.org, which will guide you though aspects of TheSite, and how a comfortable way to start using it will be! As well as getting a sense of how things are run here, if you haven't so already.

We also have specific forums where you can post it, you mentioned issues around medication, a great place to start would be explaining it in a thread in the Health and Wellbeing sector of TheSite. Which again have an array of topics.

But again, welcome to TheSite.org message boards :wave: I do hope to see your posts around!!

Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi Snoopy,

Welcome to TheSite boards!

WhispersOfTheHeart has pretty much said everything, but if you have any questions, just ask ;)

JPick (mod)
    Thank you

Hi J Pick thank you for the welcome pleased to meet you,
    I am not very good with computers or spelling but I learn some thing new every day,
    I have what you call boarder line personality disorder which affects my moods am on a lot of meds,
    I am also profoundly deaf have been now for 16 years but I lip read,
    What do you get up to in your life I don't mean to be noise I am interested I like to get help and I like to give help and support,
    It would be good to hear from you,
    Snoopy 61:wave:
    Welcome sorry just seen ur thead :)*

Everyone give u some good advise. Ur welcome to give advise to everyone on here it we great to see u join in :)

Here's the link where to go if u didn't know about it yet.....

http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

-We also have chats 7-8 for narmal chat about films E.T.C*
    -Then we have chat 8-10 for support chat where u can talk about things that's going on and get support for it :)*

We have chats on....
    Monday 8-10
    Wednesday 8-10*
    Thursday 8-10
    Sunday 7-9*

*8-10 for support chat where u can talk about things that's going on and get support for it :)*

Heres the link that Ull will find where, when, what they doing in chat*
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org/forumdisplay.php/144-Live-chat-announcements

Here's the chat rules Ull will need to read*
    http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/chatguidelines

We here for u threw ur hard time :)
    Hope this helps heather xxx*
    Hey there buddy, welcome aboard the forums..hope you have a great stay here and an awesome time as well.
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey again Snoopy,

That question sounds like a good idea for a new thread!
    Why not have a go at making one in our Anything Goes section?