Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do you people seek to dent your happiness?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was happy yesterday, until my mum told me (more or less) that I was inferior to my brother. Even today I am hurt/offended, but then if I discuss it she will deny it and make excuses and not suck it up and take responsibility for her actions.

does this happen to anybody else, and should I essentially cut ties with my family since they're just out to get me?

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Danston,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your family, it really varies on how you are with your family on other days, for example do they always bring you down? Was this a one off? Do you know what made your mother say you were an inferior to your brother? Comparisons are difficult, and ones that are really difficult to cope with as we never know what we want to do about it, whether to take action, or create a shell around us, it's okay to feel hurt and sad by this, but then, you need to look at alternative ways to out let your emotions, I often find talking to a friend helpsl, or someone else I've close to, and see their perspective on it?

It can often be us being rather irrational on the situation ourselves, and jumping to our own judgements, do you think you're an inferior to your brother?

Do keep us updated on how you're doing,
    Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hey Danston,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having with your family, it really varies on how you are with your family on other days, for example do they always bring you down? Was this a one off? Do you know what made your mother say you were an inferior to your brother? Comparisons are difficult, and ones that are really difficult to cope with as we never know what we want to do about it, whether to take action, or create a shell around us, it's okay to feel hurt and sad by this, but then, you need to look at alternative ways to out let your emotions, I often find talking to a friend helpsl, or someone else I've close to, and see their perspective on it?

It can often be us being rather irrational on the situation ourselves, and jumping to our own judgements, do you think you're an inferior to your brother?

Do keep us updated on how you're doing,
    Best wishes,
    Angel

No, I don't think I am. But she and everybody else does, they deny it, but then people often like to lie to me for the hell of it. Like people often tell me there are no common morals, but then every society has them.

I don't care though, I try not to let things weigh me down.