Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Song Title Story Game

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I thought this may be fun(ny), but I've never done it before so I could be proven wrong.

You know the type of game where everyone has to say 5-10 words to continue a story from the different person, right? This one is a bit different.
You pick a song at random (usually by starting your music player with the "random" or "shuffle" setting) and you have to say one or two sentences in which the title of the song that came first is included. The next poster then continues the story by doing the same (but it has to follow from the sentence before).

(Try to avoid using a title that has been used before)

Let's see how it goes. I'll start:

He only spoke one word and then there was silence.

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    And then there was silence...It's time...

(By Imagine Dragons, much love for that song, it can be two words right?)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is really confusing (aspergers)

So basically, we pick a song at random, then we have to find a sentence in that song which includes the title of the previous song? Have I got that right?

Apologies if not.

By the way I understand that this comment may ruin the game so I shall ask a mod if they could remove it on Monday :)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Don't worry, I'm usually not good at explaining things.

What I meant is that you continue the story with something that contains the title of a random song.

I got a song titled "And then there was silence" so I began the story with "He only said one word, and then there was silence".

If the next poster had been Ingrid Warm and her random song was titled "The gardener", she could continue with "That was because no one had expected the gardener to swear like that".

See what I mean? We make a story using random song titles.
    Thank you! I understand now :)

I'll follow on from you then.

... the telephone broke that silence as the ringtone echoed through the room.
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    as i dance along to the ringtone, beauty from pain
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    He only spoke one word and then there was silence. It's time. The telephone broke that silence as the ringtone echoed through the room. As I dance along to the ringtone, beauty from pain..

..appears as Dust Clears from the faded wooden floorboards
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    He only spoke one word and then there was silence. It's time. The telephone broke that silence as the ringtone echoed through the room. As I dance along to the ringtone, beauty from pain appears as Dust Clears from the faded wooden floorboards,

in the form of the old woman's unexpected confession.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    He only spoke one word and then there was silence. It's time. The telephone broke that silence as the ringtone echoed through the room. As I dance along to the ringtone, beauty from pain appears as Dust Clears from the faded wooden floorboards,

in the form of the old woman's unexpected confession. She looked towards the mirror, and saw she was lying, lying to the mirror...
    He only spoke one word and then there was silence. It's time. The telephone broke that silence as the ringtone echoed through the room. As I dance along to the ringtone, beauty from pain appears as Dust Clears from the faded wooden floorboards, in the form of the old woman's unexpected confession. She looked towards the mirror, and saw she was lying, lying to the mirror

whilst tears of crystalline green trickled down her face...