Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

mums an arse

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
welll the whole story shortened be it
afew months ago i split with a bloke whom i loved and do still love he doesnt feel the same but were still very good mates,
we had abit of a pregnancy scare but i knew i wasnt pregnant and i never had full intercourse with him,now he's just been away for 6 weeks and we havnt spoke but he's rung me tonight from france,he'll be home tuesday
he lives in dorset which is quite away from me and he's asked if he could come up,but its going to cost him 40quid on the train therefor id rather he stayed the weekend so it wasnt a complete waste of money
but due to as afore mentioned pregnancy shite my mother wont let me see him at all
she doesnt believethat were just friends and has no trust in me at all
even though i head tests done which proved i never had sex with him not traces of him inside me ect...bullshit like that that my mother paid loads to have done
but she still doesnt believe me and is insistant that theres a double chance we will have sex again...i wasnt sure where to post this but here goes
any advice?what can i do
and unfortunatly shooting my mother through the head isnt an option!

Comments

• Options
    Are you on the Pill?

Your mum seems a little out of order, but she will only be trying to protect you.
    One of my friends did that once, he stayed round his Ex's house, and one thing led to another and well i'll leave it at that.

It'll just be paranoia, you'll most probably just have to listen to your parents, or you should talk to them. Try and ease there concerns.
  • Options
    What are these tests that you speak of? because i have never heard of them.
  • Options
    From your post I`m assuming you`re under 16.

Basically it boils down to three choices. You can try to talk her round, and either this will work and you get to see him, or going by your description of her it probably won`t and you could abide by her wishes. Or you could go behind her back, if he`s got somewhere else to stay, and hope she doesn`t find out. That`s all the decisions you have to make.
  • Options
    I think that your mother has reasonable concern to be acting in the way that she is, Im not sure of your age but she has a right to be involved if your under 16 and you are under her care. On the other hand, you say that your only interested in friendship with this person, but due to what had happened beforehand, your mum is obviously going to be suspicious that you will be revoking an intimate relationship again. As said, you can either plead your case and hope to change her mind (doubt this will work) or meet this person secretly, which although is not the best thing to do, it may be your only other option, its hard to give you advice on what the best thing is to do as there isnt much detail to go on. Ultimately though, you will have to weigh up the risks and if it is really worth going against your mothers best wishes (and further reducing her trust if you are caught) to see this person than that is the risk you will have to take. From personal experience it would be best if your mother approved to what is going on as at least she would know that you are safe etc (this applies especially if you are under 16 and still under her care).

Hope things work out ok, id be interested to hear an update over how this develops on.
  • Options
    you've gotta remember th@ your mum is only looking after you and making sure you ok. i know you mite feel like screaming at her to fuck off but in the long run its just gonaa make things awkward. you could try and get her to meet your ex and have a sit down and chat with him so that she can see that u really are just friends now and that ur not in an intimate relationship with him anymore.

hope that helps