Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Plasma Balls

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, I was wondering if a plasma ball is harmful to a human at all. I know how it works with the whole current alternating direction from the central electrode to the inner glass sphere, but does it actually react in anyway with the metal in your blood?
Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Options
    You can actually draw an arc out of the bulbs (if you talk about those gimmicky plasma lamps) with tin foil or a coin. It can jump to your finger and create a tingly feeling. I think you would be hard pressed to cause any actual damage to yourself with it. Just touching the bulb with your finger is not harmful at all.
  • Options
    They wouldn't be sold if they were very dangerous. They're only dangerous to electronics.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    You can create plasma by almost cutting a grape in half and microwaving it. Just something we used to do when we were kids.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    You can actually draw an arc out of the bulbs (if you talk about those gimmicky plasma lamps) with tin foil or a coin. It can jump to your finger and create a tingly feeling.

I used to do this! Although the plasma arc can actually burn. I'd use it to cut through paper.