Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This morning I argued with conservationists, until they threatened mewith a chainsaw!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I live in Cheltenham, surrounded by beautiful hills and countryside. It's being ruined by a new conservation group, who are obvious all old-timers with nothing better to do.

Today I stumbled across a group on thetop of my favourite hill, a place where I grew up and spent many, many hours. It's not huge (294m above sea level)n but it's perfectly formed.

These "conservationalists" where inthe middle of a project to reclaim some of the common land which had been lost to farmers, by moving a rabbit-fence 4 metres back! To do this, they were cutting back trees and scrub that has been there for years. They'd taken a really nice part of the hill and totally cleared it, to get ther 4x4 vehicles up there and to make way for the new fence.

I could have lived without the extra 4 metres of hill (which has no paths and will not be accessible in a few years when the vegetation grows back) but I'm disgusted at the view now that they've cleared it.

Tomorrow I'm going back up with a load of mountain-biker buddies and we'll see what we can do to restore it.

Do you think sometimes conservation goes tooooo far?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    good for you, i hate it when tree's are cut down for no reason