Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Starting something I won't want to start doing again :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't want to start self-harming again I done so well with not doing it :( I cont cope errrrr :(

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey Heather,

Well done for reaching out to the people on here, it's great to see you're looking for support and resisting the urge to self harm, you should be proud of yourself. Would you like to talk a bit about what's triggered you to want to engage in negative behaviours?

You've said it yourself, you've been doing well with not self harming, which is amazing, what coping strategies and techniques have you used in the past to help you cope? TheSite.org also have an amazing coping tips and distractions page which might offer you some ideas that could try, for example going for a warm shower, etc? It might be worth giving them ago!

Look after yourself, best wishes,
    Angel
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank for ur reply :). I tried everything and it dosnt work and cont stop thinking about it I really Edge to do it :(
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hey Heather,

Well done for reaching out to the people on here, it's great to see you're looking for support and resisting the urge to self harm, you should be proud of yourself. Would you like to talk a bit about what's triggered you to want to engage in negative behaviours?
    You've said it yourself, you've been doing well with not self harming, which is amazing, what coping strategies and techniques have you used in the past to help you cope? TheSite.org also have an amazing coping tips and distractions page which might offer you some ideas that could try, for example going for a warm shower, etc? It might be worth giving them ago!

Look after yourself, best wishes,
    Angel
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Thank for ur reply :). I tried everything and it dosnt work and cont stop thinking about it I really Edge to do it :(

What kinda things have you tried to help you distract yourself so far, lovely? :)
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hey Heather, how are you feeling this morning? Were you able to cope with the urges?
    I hope you're OK.

It's always a case of trying to find something that works for you to cope with the urges. And remember, even if you do slip up once, this doesn't make you a failure - we all slip up sometimes.
    :heart: