Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

pictures of exs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone still have pictures of their exs

Went on my laptop for the first time in a couple of months found pictures of my ex I havent deleted them yet

Just dont know what to do with them is it bad that I still have them or should I just delete them right away

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I broke up with my ex a little over a month ago now and I have pictures of us, I have the poems he wrote for me, I still have my engagement ring in it's box, I still have his number on my phone.

This was my first serious relationship and I've realised a break up is so hard and I think it's going to take me a while before I'm able to remove these things from my life.

If you don't feel comfortable deleting them yet then that's absolutely fine, there's no rush.

hugs *hug*
    I broke up with my ex a little over a month ago now and I have pictures of us, I have the poems he wrote for me, I still have my engagement ring in it's box, I still have his number on my phone.

This was my first serious relationship and I've realised a break up is so hard and I think it's going to take me a while before I'm able to remove these things from my life.

If you don't feel comfortable deleting them yet then that's absolutely fine, there's no rush.

hugs *hug*

Ive had a couple of break ups before I dont know why but this one im taking it bad think it was cause I really loved her and I wanted to settle down with her I fell for her pretty bad

There are days were I feel as if im over her then there are days im up and down I feel great an hour or two im feeling down

I dont think im ready to delete them but I dont know if keeping them are going to help me get over her
    I think it's normal to be up and down.

Maybe if you don't feel ready to delete them, then keep them, but try not to look at them? I try not to look at the pictures because when I do, it just makes me feel worse.

The other day, Someone recommended the 'ask a question' service to me. You can ask any question, talk about how you're feeling about the break up, and within 3 working days you get a reply. Here's the link if you want to give it a go. The question can be as long as you want it to be.
    I might sound harsh, but I securely wiped pictures of my ex from a previous laptop. I think even GCHQ would have a tough time retrieving them.
    personal opinion

When I broke up with both of my ex's my first instinct was to delete them from my life.
    I deleted pictures, their numbers, any songs which reminded me of them. I also boxed everything they both gave me and put it away. It was hard and I cried whilst doing it, but I then didn't have reminders lying all over my bedroom.

*Out of sight, out of mind.*:)
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    When I broke up with both of my ex's my first instinct was to delete them from my life.
    I deleted pictures, their numbers, any songs which reminded me of them. I also boxed everything they both gave me and put it away. It was hard and I cried whilst doing it, but I then didn't have reminders lying all over my bedroom.

*Out of sight, out of mind.*:)

That's a very brave step to take Farawayorigin,

I know how difficult it is getting rid of pictures of someone whom you were in a close relationship to, how was it when you had deleted the photo's? Remember were always here for you if you need a chat :heart: Do keep us updated and let us know how you're doing :)
    This was over a year ago, my last relationship, and all whilst it was horrible getting rid of all the memories, I felt a sense of relief and closure after it was done, maybe it isn't the best way to deal with it, but it's like taking a plaster off, you can do it slowly and painfully, or rip it off and have the pain gone in seconds.

Hope I could help, all the best x
    I deleted them all when I started seeing my wife all those years ago.
    I delete everything when I split up with someone, photos, phone numbers, block them on fb etc etc. It's just easier that way. I guess it depends on your own personal healing process, and what is best for you.
    Generally I keep one photo for old times sake and only keep numbers and facebook friends if we are going to stay in touch as friends. Longest relationship I've been in was a bit different as we went on a big holiday together so there's once in a lifetime photos there plus we were together on and off for a few years so there's no point trying to pretend that section of my life never happened.