Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I doubt anyone will reply,

Lately with everything has gone on for me the voices have been taking over my body I cant control it they even made me try and take my own life lastnight. I have seen a few people experiencing voices and things I was wondering on how do u control them and cope with them? They want me to hurt my cco when I next see her but I cant do that to her but if I dont carry it out things will get worse im not sure on what I should do? Im struggling and cant bare it anymore... any advice or help?

Thanks
MrsM

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comments

• Options
    edit: long posts on my phone are hard!
  • Options
    Hi MrsM

That sounds really scary andyou must be finding life really tough right now. It's there anyone other than your cco you can talk to about this? Maybe a gp? It sounds like you could use some advice from a psych our medical professional.

In terms of coping in the here and now, is there any self-soothing technique that calms you?
  • Options
    Im petrified, they have taken over once already tonight when I was talking to the samaritans I said some horrible things to them I had no control, I have just been on the phone to an out of hours gp she is going to ring me back as she needs to see someone, all the things that did help when they werent so loud and powerful dont seem to work now and I cant think of anything else...

• Options
    Well done for calling for help, I hire you get some support
  • Options
    It wasnt easy I can tell u, piccolo would u like to swap heads for the night? Please so I can sleep :-)..

• Options
    They are being extra loud tonight got such a headache :'(...

• Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    They are being extra loud tonight got such a headache :'(...

Do you know what often helps calm the voices down? For example a positive distraction taking your focus off them, for example a random chat with a friend, or reading a book, how about listening to some music, you mentioned calling for support, would you be able to do that again? :)
  • Options
    When my voices become really loud I do all that I can to focus. I try plonking my headphones in and going for a walk, it doesn't get rid of them completely but it does quieten them down.

I guess, I'm on meds as well, so that's helping to make them just that little more bearable.

I also go for a run if I can see myself really struggling and that really helps as well. Even if you don't like running, small exercises may help.
  • Options
    Once again they are being very loud, I am writing everything down what they say but they laugh, I mean why laugh? I dont want them to beat me but im close to letting them win!

• Options
    Why do I let them beat me!? :'(