Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Skin Camouflage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

Hey,

Has anyone gone to a skin camouflage appointment? What should I expect? What will happen?

Thankies!:)

Comments

• Options
    They do a colour match to find the one best for your skin, then they show you how to put it on and will write you a "recommendation of prescription" letter for your GP. You are not guaranteed to get it on prescription though. Be aware that purple/pink scars are very difficult to cover, they couldn't do anything about the ones on the top of my arms (you know the ones I mean?) so I'm not sure they'll be able to do yours.
  • Options
    Right so I've got to hope my whole arm is healed by next week? Cos I was told you can't put them on fresh cuts?
    Yeah I know what ones you mean.

I think I'll try and get someone to come with me, although, Emma who referred me should be there... I guess fingers crossed!

Thank you, B-A! x
  • Options
    Yea can't be on fresh cuts, but I'm sure they can show you how to put it on your other arm or something just so you learn the process. It is quite tricky to do!! Let me know how it goes :)
  • Options
    I will do. I may take Anna with me as she's coming on the same day. Might ask her to change the time she see's be to 12ish so she can sit in with me.
  • Options
    Erk it's tomorrow. Only just realised completely losing track of days and dates.

Terrified is quite accurate for my emotions... I'm terrified of having to show my arm, I'm terrified of having to show my leg, which is worst.

I just feel as though they're going to judge me, even though I know a lot of people look into skin camouflage for a number of problems.

Need. To. Calm.

Anna has changed the time of when she's seeing me as well, like ergh. Going to have to run home just to be there for when she is, talk about tight squeezed.
  • Options
    They wont judge you at all honestly, they're red cross volunteers who've had a lot of training. They want to do this, they want to help people feel more confident :)
  • Options
    Hope so, I should have Emma sitting with me, so hopefully it makes me feel more comfortable.

Slight problem though, I fake tanned Friday night, and still have a tint of it left, would this be imposs for them to match?
  • Options
    Hope so, I should have Emma sitting with me, so hopefully it makes me feel more comfortable.

Slight problem though, I fake tanned Friday night, and still have a tint of it left, would this be imposs for them to match?

Try and scrub it off the areas with scars or they will colour match you wrong (it's basically like foundation, you have to get the right colour for you natural skin or it wont look right)
  • Options
    Will do my best! *get scouring pad out* ;)
  • Options
    I am amazed with the results!

Even though my deepest and raised scars aren't completely gone they're hardly noticeable! It's like magic! And it smells BEAUTIFUL! Or I'm just weird ;) :yippe:
  • Options
    Glad it worked well for you, hopefully you'll get it on prescription :)
  • Options
    Hope so! They said I should do, but got of xmas, it could taken longer than 4 weeks :)