Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Emotions and Anger

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So, basically, i'm having problems with my emotions at the moment. Literally, they're up and down and all over the place, often to the extreme of the extremes (i try to cover it up, but i don't know how good i am at it)

I just don't know how to deal with them any more, i have no control over my emotions at all, mostly my anger
I've had anger problems for ages and i'm easily annoyed and i was wondering if you guys had any advice on managing anger, because i need to stop taking it out on everyone around me

Also, if you happen to have any tips on managing being extremely over-the-top happy, than that would be great to :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hello Volcano :)

How are you feeling today?

Have you spoken to your GP at all?! It seems like you'd like some support to be able to control your emotions and anger?

Keeping a diary of how you're feeling may really help, and it could help you to analyse what triggers it etc. CBT is also helpful.
    Hey,

today? today I feel really down and miserable, I'm not having a good day :(

I actually see CAMHS, but that's every 2-3 weeks and doesn't really help. I don't see them for this though, I try to cover up my mood swings because I know they can be (and usually are) completely over the top and I don't think it's normal because I never notice it in anyone else

I'm not good at reading other people's emotions, but I think I'd notice if anyone one else was like this because it would be so obvious :confused:
    Also, people comment on the difference in me and it makes me feel self conscious because it just proves it's not normal

I could keep a diary though, if I could be organised enough to keep to it

Hello Volcano :)

Oh that's not good, has anything happened today? Sending you big hugs *hug*

Have you spoke to your CAMHS worker about it not helping? Maybe they might be able to see you a little more regularly.
    I was at CAMHS a while ago and I found fortnightly/weekly sessions really helped me. So maybe it might be good if you could see if you could get weekly sessions?

There's no such thing as normal, honey. Everyone struggles with something and it's what makes you uniquely you.

Try your best with the diary, I've found it can really help, maybe you can get those dotty stickers and use the colours green, red, and yellow to put in each corner (the colour of your mood) so you can see how often it is and when it's happening.

For example, red - low yellow - okay green -good

Also have you seen TheSite's topic on MoodSwings? Have a check :)

Best wishes, lovely.

I actually see CAMHS, but that's every 2-3 weeks and doesn't really help. I don't see them for this though, I try to cover up my mood swings because I know they can be (and usually are) completely over the top and I don't think it's normal because I never notice it in anyone else

Hey Volcano :)

Really sorry to hear that you're struggling. I just wanted to pick up on this bit of your post. Just wanted to say that I think(?) I feel something similar. My mood changes at the slightest of things, I feel like I get annoyed/angry/upset at people for the smallest of reasons, and then feel guilty afterwards and hate myself because "everyone else manages to deal with similar things without behaving like me". If I'm way off the mark, I'm sorry but I just wanted to share what has helped me. I've been really honest with my CPN and we talk about how I respond to different situations and it really does help. Before I was just so embarrassed about my feelings/reactions that I didn't tell anyone.
    *sophiepea* - No, I haven't mentioned it, so I guess I probably should. I'm seeing him next week so I could bring it up then. I will try with the diary and the colours could be helpful and make it easier

yellowseahorse - yeah, that's basically how I feel, but I never feel guilt after. I guess I should talk to CAMHS about it, because they might help, but it's hard. If I'm in a really good mood it might be easier though because I always end up blurting random stuff out because I'm so... happy? I don't think that word's accurate for the feeling, it's more like 'woooooooo' :hyper: haha
    Hello volcano,

How are you? Have you seen you CAMHs worker? How was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hey :)

I saw CAMHS yesterday and it went well
    He's got me keeping a mood diary, but on my phone so it's easier (and i actually remember to bring it with me :rolleyes:)

overall i'm just tired at the moment though, but it's the last day of school before christmas tomorrow :yippe:
    I'm so proud that you where able to talk to your worker.

Mood diary sounds good! And a way you'll be able to vent as well :)

Woop, bet your excited to break up!
    I can't wait to break up :thumb:, it doesn't feel like the end of term though :confused: