Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Expert Chat: Relationships with people you live with, Thurs 12th Dec, 7-8pm

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there,

How do you get on with the people you live with? It might be your family, a boyfriend or girlfriend, flatmates in a shared house or supported housing.

We're hosting an expert chat with one of our volunteer relationships advisors Laura as well as Thienhuong from Women’s Aid.

It's a chance to ask for advice – maybe you're worried about arguing all the time, a lack of respect in your relationships, coping with the family Christmas or getting your partner to help out with the chores. Whatever you need some help with Laura and Thienhuong will be on hand to offer some support and practical advice.

There are all sorts of relationship issues that can occur when we're living with people, this chat is a chance to ask about those issues and also to share your own tips with the group.

A bit about our experts:

Laura
11220602373_d269f14ec2_o.jpg
Hi I'm Laura :) In the daytime, you'll find me at a youth charity called City Year UK, where I support young people who volunteer in schools. Of a weekend I volunteer as a relationship advisor with TheSite on their Ask a Question service, which I've been doing for nearly a year now- still finding questions I've never answered before and enjoying learning LOADS from TheSite and other organisations along the way. Hopefully see you in the chat!!

Thienhuong
11220492495_0c806271cd_o.jpg
Thienhuong is the National Children & Young People Officer for Woman’s Aid. She’s been working with children, young people and families in Sydney, Australia as well as London. She has worked closely with young people living away from home and young refugees. She’s also done a lot of voluntary work in local communities, with families, young people and those who need support. She currently works for Women’s Aid making sure that their services for children and young people are at the heart of their work. Her passion is to make sure young people have safe a happy relationships, and that their voices are echoed through legislation, policy and practice.

How does it work?
Expert chats are fully moderated which means everyone's comments are held in a queue before they appear so that we can tackle questions one by one. Everyone is welcome and if you just want to watch then that's fine too.

If you can't make it but have a question you can always use our Ask a Question service and you’ll get a reply within 3 working days. It's also the place to go if you're looking for more in depth support. Alternatively you can PM your question and we'll ask it on your behalf.

When chat is open on the night you'll be able to enter from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Comments

• Options
    This sounds fab and exactly what I need right now! Perfect timing - how do you deal with idiots in hostels who get you kicked out for nothing ;) see you there!!
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    I'm planning on murdering them all, best way to resolve family issues ;)
  • Options
    This is tonight! :thumb:
  • Options
    Yep, this is kicking off tonight at 7pm before support chat :)

If you can't make it but have a question then feel free to PM me and we'll do our best to ask them on your behalf and then let you know what our advisers suggested :)
  • Options
    Open !