Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Stomach Pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello :)

TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions suicide, OD

Okay, so Friday last week I done silly things, walked out of hospital and was taken back by the police, and the police had sat with me until I was discharged. I refused all treatments, so nothing would have reversed the effect of this OD.

Even if I still dream of dying, and want to die. And no-one is listening to me when I tell them ''I want to die, and if you gave me a shed lode of pills I'd take them'' they just change the topic. Same as when I go ''I want to go inpatient'' there reply is like ''there's no beds, and it would make you worst and that's what we fear'' can I even get worst? I mean, what could be worst then being at home, planning suicide?

I do nothing good for anyone and I'm just a worthless human being.

Over the days, it feels like someone is stabbing my liver, and I'm more tired, feel really nauseous, huge headache, drinking more, and I can't seem to get my temperature right. I'm either too hot or too cold.

I don't even know what to do about it, to get checked out, or to leave it. Can't go doctors because she's fed up with me and even told me she can't help. Hospital is if it's major or life threatening. Like I just want to do it again, least the pain will be numb.

I just don't know :(

Comments

• Options
    Well it's likely you've damaged your liver with paracetamol overdoses.
  • Options
    Can't go doctors because she's fed up with me and even told me she can't help.

she said she unfortunately couldn't help you regarding an inpatient stay? is that right? She can still check you out physically.
  • Options
    Well it's likely you've damaged your liver with paracetamol overdoses.

I already knew that slightly. I got told in May I had damaged my Liver. But I got treatment for that which reversed most of the damage...
  • Options
    she said she unfortunately couldn't help you regarding an inpatient stay? is that right? She can still check you out physically.

She can't help with anything tbh. I've seen her too much and it's just getting more and more difficult to talk to her..
    Doctors is closed tomorrow anyway, so no luck there.
  • Options
    And then you took another overdose Sophie.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    And then you took another overdose Sophie.

I took more before the one on Friday.

Was only looking for some support but I guess I can cope with the obvious.
  • Options
    What about your CPN / care coordinator?
  • Options
    Was only looking for some support but I guess I can cope with the obvious.

Support takes a lot of different forms, people are trying to be supportive by giving practical suggestions.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, honestly. How would you feel about seeing a different GP?
  • Options
    That's the thing. I've only ever seen the GP I normally do, and seeing someone completely new, would panic me.

I'll see what I can do. I'll probably end up sleeping everything out in all honesty.

I've given up thinking people actually give a shit.
  • Options
    If we didn't give a shit we wouldn't reply. Just because the replies aren't "I'm so sorry, have a fucking hug" doesn't mean we're not trying to help and get you to see that there's a lot of long term damage going on
  • Options
    Did I ask for a hug? No.

Doubt it's long term.
  • Options
    What did you want?
  • Options
    Nothing. I'm pointless. I'll get the thread removed.
  • Options
    went to hosp for it last night...

they kept asking about the bruises on stomach and back but they don't need to know how they got there...

they said it could be 1 of 3 things, gall baller, kidney, or liver... but they advised me to go to GP when I can/when I next see her to get some more tests...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Nothing. I'm pointless. I'll get the thread removed.

You're not pointless Sophie and I'm glad to hear there's been an intervention. How do you feel about going to the GP?

I think Fiend, it's worth just listening to the bigger picture when responding - the point you make about the very real damage that's happening is valid and worth highlighting - and shows you care. At the same time it's worth acknowledging the struggle here - and engaging with the fact that Sophie isn't feeling listened to. Continuing to zoom into that one element without listening to the bigger picture perpetuates that feeling for her. Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    Really glad you got some support sophie and please do continue seeking medical attention if necessary - hope you feel brighter today - big loves xxx