Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Volunteer for our Anxiety & Depression Project Group

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey folks :wave:

We thought we'd let you all know that we're currently recruiting volunteers aged 16-25 to be part of a project group focused on Anxiety & Depression with activities taking place between January and June 2014.

Here's a snippet from the advert over on Do-it:
YouthNet (the charity behind TheSite.org) is creating a new project group inviting 16-25 year-olds to be at the heart of new services around Anxiety & Depression. Project members will participate in a 6 month program of activity from January-June 2014.

This is a virtual opportunity with the option of also attending a face to face workshop in London. Online activities will include test driving a new mental health e-learning course for young people, creation of personal stories for our websites, development of our live chat service and regular project catch-ups via group online chat.

In terms of commitment it works out at around 2 hours per week. Project group members will also receive some careers guidance to help them recognise the skills they've learned throughout the project.

Places are limited but if you'd like to apply you can do so via Do-it. Here's the link: http://www.do-it.org.uk/search/opportunities/2042710

We'll be letting people know by 11th December whether they have been succussful.

:thumb:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I REALLLYYYYY want to do this but when I click on that link it just keeps coming up as page not found D: don't wanna miss out!!!! Help perlease?! :D X
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I REALLLYYYYY want to do this but when I click on that link it just keeps coming up as page not found D: don't wanna miss out!!!! Help perlease?! :D X

Hey, we've been absolutely overwhelmed with applications for this so have taken it down. Drop me a PM :)
    Like the sound of this. How can you apply? :)
    Ive applied for this :-).. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey guys, as mentioned above we've had so many applications the opportunity is now closed. Thanks loads for your interest.
This discussion has been closed.