Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

So fed up and angry with hospitals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Okay so I am posting this because right now I am so fed up and angry at hospital and the NHS. I understand they are amazing and have saved my life before and the care I receive at my main hospital is incredible and I wouldn't fault it. I am just fed up with all the mistakes and inconveniences being made. So when I was admitted into hospital at the beginning of September this year with my second stroke I was started immediately again on anticoagulation blood thinning treatment in the form of daily injections to prevent any further clots. This was only meant to be for a few weeks max whilst they sorted me out going onto warfarin as a tablet form with a haematology appointment. This appointment was at the end of September but at another hospital. I turned up to this appointment to find out that a junior doctor had cancelled the appointment by mistake and the consultant wouldn't see me. So after lots of calls back to where I was in hospital and they said I was to get an urgent haematology appointment but up until then to stay on the injections which are painful but life saving. 7 weeks later I eventually had my appointment a few weeks ago and they wanted me to start warfarin asap but needed my GP to do this so had to send a letter to them which they said they would do that day to arrive the next day. A week later I had an appointment with my GP and still no letter. So I am still not started on the warfarin and still on the injections almost 3 months after starting them! What has annoyed me today though was that I put in my repeat request for my injections along with other medication last monday at my GP and these get sent straight to my pharmacy so when I went on Friday they all should have been there. But no they had no sign of even my prescription and they need to order the medication in which takes another day so I wasn't going to be getting any then. So I go back to my GP and speak to the receptionists who can see that the prescriptions have been issued but no sign of where any of them are. Thankfully they find the one for my injections but still none for any of the others. At least these ones aren't urgent but still important nonetheless. So back to my pharmacy I go yet again and give in my prescription for the injections which I know they have to order so will be in the next day (I.e today) after 12. They have done this before so I assumed there would be no difficulties or problems so thought I was eventually sorted. So I go in at 3 this afternoon and they tell me that they haven't been able to have it delivered as it has stopped being produced where they get it from. They call around all the pharmacies within 20 miles of where I was and nobody has any in stock. I need this medication tonight as it is potentially life saving so I have to get it. So then I have to phone the hospital I was in and battle with the switchboard person to get hold of the on call pharmacist who I needed to talk to. Thankfully he was very nice and was going to speak to the ward I was on. From being a regular and being much younger than the average ago on the neuro ward the nurse in charge knew who I was so what I have to do now is go in tonight for my injection and then again tomorrow evening for my injection there which is such a pain. I understand that I need to but its just one thing after another and on top of this I don't need this! Then on monday they are speaking to my consultant to write me another prescription as the hospital won't accept my prescription from my GP! I am so annoyed right now I am actually getting upset as it all seems to be messed up. I'm fed up of the injections as my stomach is so bruised from taking them every day and they sting so much. Hopefully on thursday when I am seeing my GP next I will be started on the warfarin but even that is a pain as I will have to initially have weekly blood tests and be constantly monitored.

I am so fed up with hospitals. At the moment I am averaging 4-5 appointments a week and then this week I spend all of Thursday afternoon in A&E with my sister as she broke her arm and then had to sit all yesterday morning in fracture clinic with her and I am there so often I get recognised at the hospital. I hate them so much!

Sorry for the essay but it was something annoying me so much that I am fed up with everything and life in general

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And breathe, lovely. Do you feel a bit better after getting that out of your system?

It sounds like you've had a hard day and you've got a few more coming up. It's a pain that you have to keep going to the hospital! Sorry to hear that.

Hopefully this will get sorted soon. I know it's hard but all of this is to help make you better and eventually you won't have to be at the hospital so much. You can do this and I'm here. We're here.

You ever heard the quote 'life is not about the journey, it's about the destination'. Or something like that. There will be some good to come out of all of this, you've just got to keep plodding on and I will help you :) focus on the good stuff.

Big hugs, bestest *hug*