Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dealing with Cravings in Night Work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I work long shifts in the night time (8-12 hours) and am trying to lose weight again. Well, fitness is most important to me, but I'd like to drop back down to where I was before taking mental health medication. I believe it is possible, but I'm having issues with cravings on the days I've been to the gym...

I start work at 5pm, so need to work out before work. I come in and have a fruity porridge, then go out. I work in a call centre, so am seated all the time and we're allowed food at our desks. When I work out during the day, I get really hungry and working longer shifts means that I'm awake more.

Was just wondering if anybody is in the same situation and khas tips to deal with this. I'm thinking of bringing a big bag of carrot sticks, or raw vegetables to help deal with it...

Comments

• Options
    Might be worth making a batch of healthy soup or curry at the weekend and freezing it so you can have it through out the week at work. Fruit salad and sliced vegetables are always good to pick at. Maybe make a little selection (carrots, grapes, cucumber etc) in a pot so it doesn't get boring! You could take hummus or something to dip stuff in, makes it slightly more exciting ;)
    And remember to treat yourself!! If you go Monday-Thursday without any junk, treat yourself to something small like a chocolate bar on Friday or you will get seriously sick of your diet.
  • Options
    How much of your hunger is boredom? Also, take food that's filling.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    How much of your hunger is boredom? Also, take food that's filling.

That's what I was going to mention, I get very snack when I'm bored :(
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Keeping chewing gum with youu? :D That's what I used to do, before I got braces, -sobs-
  • Options
    Been on the soup, eating carrot sticks, apples ect... Basically trying to avoid highly processed food which won't fill me up. Cravings haven't been so bad this week... Sooo much energy since the gym.