Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Low

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I've been doing well recently. I've kept busy, dealt with the associated stress appropriately etc. Getting by :) and I'm really proud of myself for that.

Unfortunately there's a but. I can feel myself getting lower. Feelings of being a burden to my family have crept in again, and I'm really miserable regarding my appearance. Things that I thought I'd moved on from have started bothering me again, and just blergh.

I've been coming off my ADs slowly, and it's been really positive as I've been achieving way more with my time than previously (drowsiness, poor concentration etc) but I think it's catching up on me now :(

I'm worried because I don't have much 'give' in me. No buffer zone.

Comments

• Options
    I don't know why I hoped for any replies. I'm not really part of this community anymore. I shouldn't ask for support if I don't give any. Sorry. Mods please delete.
  • Options
    Of course you're part of this community, you're an important part and we care about you.

I don't really know what to say. I have nothing helpful to say.

Big hugs though *hug*

Was it your choice to come off ADs?

Well done on trying to keep busy :) what have you been doing? I wonder what you enjoy doing that helps you to feel a little more positive? I have a happy jar now which I use, and when I make myself draw it really helps.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey YellowSeaHorse,

I'm not one to reply to your threads, but I generally wanted to reach out to you after reading your thread, and not the response below it. It sounds like you have a fair bit of mixed emotions to certain areas of life, and that's very common, and it's great to see you are able to point out the positives aside the negatives, you should be proud! What coping strategies have you been using when you have felt stressed?

At times, even though were aiming to keep ourselves busy, their can be moments where we feel awful, maybe it's worth exploring triggers that might have caused your mood to turn? Because one issue can often seem to effect everything else, do you're not alone! Have you thought about speaking to the Psychiatric in charge of your Anti-Depressants about the effects off your mood?

You've taken an amazing step by posting on here, you are in general a very strong person! Please keep reaching out to us YellowSeaHorse! :heart: And do keep us updated, boards have been ever so quiet recently and it was posted over the weekend so could explain slow responses! :)

Hope to see you in chat tonight :)

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    Hi Yellowseahorse

Just to reflect on what butterfly and Angel says, you are part of this community and your threads are just as important as everybody else's including having the support. *hug*

It sounds like even though you are struggling at the moment at the beginning of your thread you say how well you have been doing and you definitely should be proud of yourself :thumb:

Like the words of Bruce Forysth on strictly (if you watch it mind you) instead of keep dancing unless you like to dance, keep posting :heart:

purple_rain
  • Options
    Who else can I shower with like we did on Sunday night? You're special and important and on the team.
  • Options
    Do you have any mental health support at all? And are you being monitored by a doctor as you come off AD's? Huge hugs to you, stay strong and remember you definitely are a part of this community. You are a lovely person and people on the boards with support you as much as possible I'm sure :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks guys.

I'm under the CMHT, I see a CPN and occasionally my psychiatrist. I decided to come off my meds as I was just too drowsy with brain fog on them. I've come off really slowly (+ talked to psych) and current plan is to try something new in the New Year.

I've had a headache which won't budge since Friday. Didn't get anything done today which has made me feel more stressed. And I've just had a session rescheduled to the exact same time I've got a GP appt on thurs, so will have to cancel appt :(
  • Options
    I realise this is stating the obvious on the headache front - but have you checked for teeth grinding, blocked sinuses and drinking enough water?

Can't help much with the rest, other than make encouraging noises, but getting the headache off the list can but help.
  • Options
    Luckily headache hasn't bothered me all day! Hoping it's gone for good :)