Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do online dating sites work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thinking of joining a dating site but just not sure about it do you get dates and do they work out or do you just get a lot of wierdos lol

Comments

• Options
    they can definitely work, and there are definitely a lot of weirdos out there. choose wisely.
  • Options
    Yes they can work! My best friend met his wife on a dating site.. I think it was eHarmony, but can't remember.
  • Options
    May I add that they are a perfectly 'normal' couple with 2 healthy children now. I couldn't be happier for the both of them.

.. He did have one or two hilarious dates though, mind you.
  • Options
    I think people tend to have really mixed experiences of online dating. If you're looking for a relationship then in some ways it's about playing the 'Numbers game' - by that I mean upping your opportunity to meet new people, not just online but in all areas of your life - be that through your interest and hobbies, volunteering or through work/study.. the more people you meet and the better you get at communicating in general the more likely you are to meet a potential new boyfriend or girlfriend.

Relationships often grow out of time and friendship so widening your social circle more broadly should help too.

I'd say for online dating to be successful it helps to be pretty resilient too - there'll be some decent people out there but it can sometimes take a while to find them!

Good luck with it :)