Home Community Announcements
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Expert Chat: Mental Health & Relationships - Tues 19th Nov, 6:30-8pm

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
Hey Everyone :wave:

We're running a special expert chat about mental health and relationships on Tuesday 19th November from 6:30-8pm. There will also be a chance to take a sneak peak of our brand new 'Madly in Love' site! :hyper:

Expert Chat, 7-8pm

What's it about?

Our mental health can have huge impacts on our relationships and our relationships can really affect our mental health.

How we're feeling and what we're thinking can change how we deal with the people around us, our partners, family and friends. They can also have effects on us, both positive and not so positive.

So how can we manage this? How can we try and talk to people close to us about our mental health? We'll be looking at these kinds of questions and exploring how we can make sure that our mental health doesn't have too negative an impact on our relationships and vice versa.

Who'll be leading it?

Our expert is Helen Cleather from the mental health charity SANE. Here's a bit about her:
whwBmem.jpg

Helen is a trained counsellor working with adults in long term therapy and has worked with children in schools which gives her knowledge and understanding of the challenges mental health issues can bring up in relationships. She is also a services coordinator at the mental health charity SANE where part of her role is to train people to become a volunteer on their helpline and email services.

How will it work?

Expert chat sessions are group chats and your questions and comments will be held in a queue for Helen to answer one at a time over the hour. One of the mods will be in the chat too to look after everything and help out.

You will be able to log into the chat once it opens from this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

The transcript from the chat will be published in our archive but all names will be changed to protect anonymity.

Madly in Love Sneak Peak, 6:30-7pm

Before our chat with Helen gets started, we'll be looking at Youthnet's brand new web portal called 'Madly in Love'. This is a place where people can find out about mental health and relationships - the same issues that we'll be talking about with Helen. We're really excited about it and want you guys to be the first to see it live :)

Any other questions just ask below ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    *Plonks it in my diary!* :D
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Update:

We'll also be taking a first look at Youthnet's new 'Madly in Love' site before the chat.

Details above ;)
    So the 'madly in love' thing.. where do we go for that? The chat room?
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    It's on the baby's Birthday :3 - Can we celebrate it?
    So the 'madly in love' thing.. where do we go for that? The chat room?

Good question butterfly!
    Yes. Everything will be happening in the chatroom :)

**Angel** wrote: »
    It's on the baby's Birthday :3 - Can we celebrate it?

I'm sure we can wish the baby a happy birthday Angel ;)
    Quick reminder that this is happening tomorrow (Tuesday) ;)
    This is tonight!! :d

From 6.30pm we'll be taking a sneak preview look at our new Madly in Love site.

Our expert Helen Cleather will then join us from 7pm - she'll be here to offer advice on managing mental health issues in your relationships.

See you later on :thumb:
    I'm not going to be able to attend, but if there's time can you ask on my behalf: I have quite severe mental health problems (mainly mood disorder with psychosis) and my boyfriend has autism. There are times where what he does, or what he doesn't understand, makes me really frustrated and I get very over emotional (for example, if he cancels before we are about to meet I have a huge melt down). Just want some advice on how to deal with my emotions in situations like this, and also how to help him deal with my emotions?
    Thanks.
    I'm not going to be able to attend, but if there's time can you ask on my behalf: I have quite severe mental health problems (mainly mood disorder with psychosis) and my boyfriend has autism. There are times where what he does, or what he doesn't understand, makes me really frustrated and I get very over emotional (for example, if he cancels before we are about to meet I have a huge melt down). Just want some advice on how to deal with my emotions in situations like this, and also how to help him deal with my emotions?
    Thanks.

Thanks B-A - we'll ask it on your behalf :)
    Expert Chat is starting now :)

Click here to join in
    will there be a copy.. type thing of the chat? missed it and would be interested to read it. thanks
    Nutter wrote: »
    will there be a copy.. type thing of the chat? missed it and would be interested to read it. thanks

Yep there will be a transcript up at some point. I know cause JPick said in chat the other night! :)

All expert chat transcripts end up here: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat/archive

It should be up within the next week - we'll give you a nudge when it is :)