Home General Chat Creative Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

drawing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys :wave:

I feel like I'll be motivated more to draw if I can get some ideas off some of you lovely people.

I like drawing, it's a good distraction too but I struggle to get started.

I like having pictures or objects in front of me to draw (nothing too difficult!) and I wondered if you guys have any ideas? I seem to have already drawn what I can think of..

Sorry if this is in the wrong place mods!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What kind of things do you like to draw? Have you drawn your cat? Or landscape pictures? Or food
    You know like things I showed you yesterday..

So I've drawn my dog, I've drawn pictures of people, I've drawn shoes (I know that sounds weird but I love blending all of the different colours) I've drawn flowers, fruits with wine bottles... just anything really.
    hmmmmmmm.....A picture of the seaside? I love beaches and the sea
    Okay not quite anything... Maybe I should have said I don't like drawing outside or trees or sunsets or anything like that :)
    ha :P ok you can draw my dog if you like :)
    Just moving this into the Creative forum :)

You mention you like blending colours - using lighting to create shadows could be something to try? It sounds like you enjoy 'still life' - objects and actual things that you come accross. You could collect some things from outside - autumn leaves are really colourful..

:chin:
    Jo7 wrote: »
    Just moving this into the Creative forum :)

You mention you like blending colours - using lighting to create shadows could be something to try? It sounds like you enjoy 'still life' - objects and actual things that you come accross. You could collect some things from outside - autumn leaves are really colourful..

:chin:

That's a great idea! I could collect some leaves and stuff and maybe draw some keys and padlocks with it? Gets me out of the house for some air too. Thanks Jo! :)

Yep, still life is exactly what I enjoy drawing.