Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Eating disorder

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

A couple of posts ago I mentioned that I was seen by a team for eating disorders and they discharged me. First good point is that after making a complaint I have been offered another appointment with the consultant on 27th November so not to bad. I have been told that I need to discuss what is best for me. Since I was sent to this hospital after I wanted a second opinion to the doctor who said I didn't have an eating disorder I got told at the other hospital where I'm at now that I do have Binge and Bulimia eating disorders and without support are getting worse as I've developed a routine which feels comfortable (in reality it isn't)

The thing is if I go back to the original clinic which is in my area near where I live the same psychiatrist which said I don't think you have an eating disorder will then turn around and say you don't have one we can't see you. I would think they take the second opinion into account. Or I can stay at the 2nd hospital as an outpatient but I have to travel and I hate doing that on my own when it's so far. I'm stuck and don't know what to do.:shocking: do I really need to ruin it or am I eligible for this help at the clinic closest to me. Really confused and don't know what to do at the moment.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You are entitled to receive help at your local clinic.

Maybe it's worth speaking to them again and letting them know you got a second opinion, and what that was. I don't know for definite but I'm sure they should take a second opinion on board. You don't have to decide there and then, but maybe just go and see what the clinic says about it.

Hugs *hug*