Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Being bullied, Please Help

HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
I am currently being bullied by 7 girls in my class at college. It is mainly by about 4 and the other 3 just laugh along. The thing is, it is my fault why this is happening.
One day in class, it was the end of the lesson and one of them said to me "Can you move your chair, much appreciated". In reply thinking she's being cocky, I say, under my breath "You cocky B***h". I then come out of lesson onto the corridor and hear her telling her mates. Every lesson now she says the same things to her mates about me and it is making me depressed.
Today, our class was getting laptops and I said to my friend, josh, "go and save us a place and I will get your laptop", one of the mean girl's friends said "yeah josh go and get them a seat." I then told her to "shut up" she replied "don't tell me to shut up". As I came into class Josh told me that the first girl told the teacher. So far she hasn't said anything, but I am really scared. I know I might sound like a little kid, but it really hurts me. They are now threatening me saying that they are going to bully me, it's only the 7th week of college and I'm hating it. I hate my life now. I just don't know what to do. Please anyone help. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you spoken to the class tutor about what's happening? It might be worth mentioning it to make sure if you are put into groups etc you aren't grouped with them. You could also ask if there are other classes you could transfer to if it gets really bad?

For now, I'd recommend just completely blanking them. If they comment or pester you just ignore them, totally look through them, and speak to your friends. It'll piss them off a lot, and hopefully they'll soon get bored.

If nothing improves, speak to the head of department about your options- they'll know more than your class tutor about other classes you can move to.
  • Options
    Have you spoken to the class tutor about what's happening? It might be worth mentioning it to make sure if you are put into groups etc you aren't grouped with them. You could also ask if there are other classes you could transfer to if it gets really bad?

For now, I'd recommend just completely blanking them. If they comment or pester you just ignore them, totally look through them, and speak to your friends. It'll piss them off a lot, and hopefully they'll soon get bored.

If nothing improves, speak to the head of department about your options- they'll know more than your class tutor about other classes you can move to.

Thank you for replying. I spoke to the college counsilor about something else and I mentioned this and as it is affecting me she said she will have a word with the teacher that got told about it. I might try that talking to my friends about them, but I wouldn't want to shout it out so everyone else can hear it.
    Thanks again :)
  • Options
    Hi Hannaisnotonfire:wave:,

I am sorry that you are going through this at the moment. It must be a very distressing time for you. It is great that you are looking for support at The Site
    and remember we are always here for you.

I know you have spoken to the college counsellor and they had said about talking to the teacher that has been made aware of the situation with the girls in your class at the moment and as broken angel suggested it would be a really good idea to speak to the tutor/teacher yourself, your college will surely have a zero tolerance to bullying/ harassment, I know it may seem daunting to have to go and speak to a teacher about this bit they need to know how this is making you feel and these people can be dealt with appropriately.

If you feel comfortable in doing so, speak to your friends about what is happening for you, im sure they will be there to support you. Please also check in with us at the site
    And let us know how things are going for you.

Take Care,

B :heart:
  • Options
    becky001 wrote: »
    Hi Hannaisnotonfire:wave:,

I am sorry that you are going through this at the moment. It must be a very distressing time for you. It is great that you are looking for support at The Site
    and remember we are always here for you.

I know you have spoken to the college counsellor and they had said about talking to the teacher that has been made aware of the situation with the girls in your class at the moment and as broken angel suggested it would be a really good idea to speak to the tutor/teacher yourself, your college will surely have a zero tolerance to bullying/ harassment, I know it may seem daunting to have to go and speak to a teacher about this bit they need to know how this is making you feel and these people can be dealt with appropriately.

If you feel comfortable in doing so, speak to your friends about what is happening for you, im sure they will be there to support you. Please also check in with us at the site
    And let us know how things are going for you.

Take Care,

B :heart:

Hey
    Thank you for answering. As I wasn't in college today, I hope they get spoken to tomorrow about it. My friends know what I am going through, and they are trying to help me through it. I will post on this thread tomorrow if anything good/bad happens :)
    Thank you :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that. Glad u told someone in collage about getting bullied. At the end of the day u go to college to learn and not be bullied. Hope it gets sorted soon let us know how it goes :) rember we are here for u :)