Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sleepover Thread! Revisited

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I always thought I was more of a dog person but since my cat has been so clingy with me I'm equal now :)
    What do you do to try and sleep? I'm awake 'till about 1 or 2 in the morning, I write in my diary and browse on here 'till I'm tired enough to easily fall to sleep.
  • Options
    I find listening to an audiobook is good as long as I have a good book (I would read but since my visual memory has been impacted I find that quite hard) I find keeping my hands busy is most important so normally just search through on my ipad and play games on it. I find mindfullness meditation videos which you can find on youtube quite good and when im eventually at the stage of trying to fall asleep I try and focus on my breathing to stop my brain going crazy.....I say all this as if its easy and its what I do all the time but it is what I try to do. I really struggle to switch off or not get myself so low in the evenings that I take it out on myself. I used to write a diary when I am younger but now so scared of other people finding it which is what happened when I was younger and it all went downhill from there. I write a blog though every few days but havent for a while as I have been feeling so low and I don't like making them negative
  • Options
    It's good that you try to do all of that. I love midfulness! I don't think about trying to do it at night though when I can't sleep.. I do it more when I'm feeling too sad or angry. Have you not got anywhere you could hide a diary where nobody could find it? I didn't write a diary when I was with my bf because I didn't trust him that much but I find it really helpful now. It doesn't matter that things may be negative while you're feeling like this *hug* you can say anything on this site, and be as negative as you like. We're all here to listen :)
  • Options
    I find mindfullness sometimes doesn't let me get super low. I use it because I know the evenings are super hard. I get paranoid someone will. At the moment I have been given a chart that I have to fill in every hour with what I'm doing and to rate my mood out of 100 on it and I get scared someone is going to find that. I just wish I was stronger but feel so weak at the moment and feel I am spiralling downwards. When I was 14/15 I was suffering from abuse I experienced when I was younger and was really depressed and really low needing a lot of help. I promised myself I would never let myself get like that again. Now I feel so much lower than then and that I have let myself down.
  • Options
    Try not to be too paranoid, if it's well hidden nobody should find it.
    You are not weak at all. You're brave. It seems like you have had an awful lot to deal with, but you have managed to deal with it up to now so in my eyes you're brave. You say that you have felt like this before, that you've felt depressed and low. Try and remember that you got through it it once before, so you can get through it again and you will. I've felt depressed in the past and when I get so bad now that I feel like ending everything, I always remember that I've got through a lot of stuff and that I can get through this. Everything will get better I promise.
  • Options
    I know that deep down but it does seem so much harder this time. What is better though is because I'm 21 it means that my parents don't have to get involved and confidentiality is easier so I don't have to worry so much about my family finding out. I am lucky with the help that I am getting and the fact that my psychologist knows me from my stroke helps. She was meant to help just with my memory and concentration problems but it just happened that when I had a routine appointment to check up on things about a month ago was when I started feeling really low and she picked up on that and now I see her twice a week. I have the support there but I think I rely on the appointments too much. But thank you so much just for listening to me :). I'm sorry to hear you have felt like this toon
  • Options
    Yeah, I feel like that. last time I felt like this was when I was in my first year at sixth form and I opened up to a teacher. I'm 20 now, and it's nice to know that if I wanted to I could make an appointment to see someone and all of it would be confidential.
    It's not a bad thing that you rely on these appointments. It's good that you have someone you can talk to, and she cleary cares and wants to help.
    You don't need to thank me, it's what this site is all about :)
  • Options
    I don't totally understand the confidentiality thing but I believe it's confidential unless you or anyone else is in direct danger. So mine should be confidential. I haven't felt this comfortable talking about everything with anyone until I started seeing my psychologist so it is really good. I just hope my GP when I see her is as understanding.
  • Options
    Yeah that's exactly right, if they feel there is a danger to you or anyone else that's when they have to do something. It's great that you feel so comfortable talking to your psychologist :)
  • Options
    It should get better I hope as it took me a while to accept I need help but now I know that and am getting it so between her, my physio, my GP and on here I have no excuse but to pull through ;) and I know I am not alone just sometimes (like tonight on chat) I let my feelings take over and they feel like they are trapping me and I don't see past them and it is all I can focus on.
  • Options
    You will pull through :)
    It doesn't matter. Like tonight on chat you were telling us how you felt, and trying to get some support and that's absolutely fine. Loads of people do it, I do it a lot, so you won't ever be alone :)
    I'm getting tired now.
  • Options
    Evening

Hiya all, a newbie here, anyone around at this time of night? If so, how are you? Well and good I hope.
  • Options
    hi, im not sure what happens here
  • Options
    Hey :) This is a board which is mainly used after chat has finished or anytime chat isn't on and people want to chat and have support. As you can see I used it last night and found it good as I felt i needed to vent but chat was over. So post away. I will stay on a bit tonight. Hope you are both good. x
  • Options
    Welcome Kimmler :wave:

Nice to see you katiejayne! :)

Basically, when TS Chat isn't on you can talk about whatever you want on here.

How are you both?
  • Options
    katiejayne wrote: »
    hi, im not sure what happens here

Me neither, I think lots of people join this thread and turn it into a party?
  • Options
    Haha butterfly we literally posted the same thing at the same time :)
  • Options
    I know! Haha great minds eh? :d
  • Options
    best minds :)
  • Options
    thanks, im just kinda feeling empty tonight, just emotionalless
  • Options
    Sorry to read that, if you want to chat about if feel free.
  • Options
    hugs KatieJayne *hug*

What have you done today? Any horse riding? :)
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that katiejayne. Is there any particular reason? If you want to chat about it or just write down how you feel we are all here for you and will listen and never judge
  • Options
    KatieJayne do you horse ride? So do I :)
  • Options
    I play footie, though at 42 this will be my last season, just amateur stuff but I keep falling over too much these days :d
  • Options
    thanks butterfly, yeah i rode this morning and explored a new route to ride. baked with my 2yo niece, then had halloween tea party at my sisters and set off lanterns then took kids trick or treating for half hour.
  • Options
    my stepgrandma passed away this afternoon
  • Options
    yeah i do lauren
  • Options
    Sorry for you loss, were you two very close? Try to remember all the good times you had together.
  • Options
    Haha sounds fun Kimmler.

Aww that sounds really nice Katie. Did you enjoy your day then?
    It's my nephews first halloween this year :)

What are you both up to tomorrow?