Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

:'(

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I actually have read your thread and I'm really sorry that you're going through this. My mother also face an almost similar situation, my step dad would verbally,emotionally abuse her everyday and when he was really angry he would hit her and us too. As a child who has grown up in such environment I'll tell you one thing, it is not okay, not for you and not for the children too.
    You do have to talk to someone about it, I understand you care about the children a lot but this is not right. And, you do feel you love him, so does my mother after years of abuse, she feels love and care for my step dad but, it has affected both me and my sister on many levels.
    And, for one she still believes she holds him an obligation when he took care of us but, it is not true. My mother has given a lot in this relationship and has sacrificed too but, all she receives is verbal and physical abuse.
    I do not want to put you in negative or want you think what you're doing is wrong, I know you're doing your best but, you need to talk to him or someone must and it has to stop. He has to treat you with respect after all that you're doing for his children and him. Sorry, if I said too much.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I'll stop posting on here if you want me to. I know people have tried to help me so I shouldn't be going on and on.

Not at all. I'm sorry you're feeling angry with yourself but I also recognize that it's not easy to walk away, at all. Even though you know it's not good for you, at this point it time there's likely to be something that's keeping you there - do you know what that might be? Is there something you feel will be lost if you leave? *hug*
  • Options
    I'm not sure exactly what's keeping me here. The kids are important to me but this is the first man I have ever loved. I feel like if I leave I know it would be good for me but what if I regret leaving? What if I realise later on down the line that there was another way to make things better? And what if nobody ever loves me again? This is my first love and every other boyfriend I had, I never liked them enough to make it work. I never wanted it to work. Yesterday he took me to a wedding fair, I didn't know about it he surprised me with it and I was so excited while I was there talking about how I want my wedding. Then I got home and reality just hit me in the face again. I know I'm only young but all my life I've been abused in some way. What is this is my life forever?
  • Options
    I'm not sure exactly what's keeping me here. The kids are important to me but this is the first man I have ever loved. I feel like if I leave I know it would be good for me but what if I regret leaving? What if I realise later on down the line that there was another way to make things better? And what if nobody ever loves me again?

I think you need to ask yourself how long you've been wondering if it will get better.

You are not responsible for changing him or "making him better", just as none of this is your fault, at all. This isn't your life forever, it can change if you would like it to. Even thinking about leaving is a huge step, but from my perspective, the fact that you are considering it, despite how casually, suggests that you do want things to change.

If/when you feel comfortable in contacting them, TESS and Women's Aid will be able to give you support. I don't know if Get Connected has already been linked - sorry if it has - but they provide 1-2-1 webchat and will be able to give you details of organisations near to you as well as be able to safely talk about you circumstances.

Hang in there x
  • Options
    I do want things to change.
    Thanks Ella.
  • Options
    Ahhhhh :( had a nice enough day up until now. Going to get drunk to make things better for now.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ahhhhh :( had a nice enough day up until now. Going to get drunk to make things better for now.

Gettimng drunk might numb the pain in the moment, but it isn't really useful in the long run, you've mentioned mindfulness, maybe it would of been worth giving that ago, allowing yourself to calm down? Would you like to talk a bit about what happened last night?
  • Options
    You're right, I should have used minfulness. When I felt the way I did last night I just act before I think.
    He says stuff and we argue and he gets right in my face. I should shut up then but I carry on the argument.
  • Options
    :crying:
  • Options
    Butterfly, are you okay?
  • Options
    Not really. It's all my fault. Going to have some more painkillers and go to bed.
  • Options
    As many people have said it before me, it is not your fault. Hope you feel better in morning. Take care.
  • Options
    I thought it was bad enough last night, he did what he did but then at bedtime he said some really hurtful things too. Went to bed at 1, didn't sleep properly, and I'm up at this time. Gotta get the kids up in an hour and I feel like shit :(
  • Options
    I'm not wanting replies, I just need to get it out.
    Been out today since lunch time, just got back and already he's being a prick! saying hurtful things, got a fucking attitude for god knows what reason. He's done sod all today, not even washed up. He thinks I should do it all! AHHHHHH!! I feel sick. I feel angry and sad and I just want to scream! Why is he so horrible!? He text me today saying that he missed me and that he loved me... now I've come home to this! I don't care how many pain killers I've had today, going to have a drink. Need to calm down.
  • Options
    Have you called up TESS or Women's Aid yet? Do you want me to find you some phone numbers?
  • Options
    No I haven't, don't dare. No it's okay thanks, don't want to waste anymore of anyones time.
    Just feel like shit, want to hurt myself. Got the vodka so I'll deal with it.
  • Options
    You could start with the samaritans? you wouldnt be wasting anybody's time.
  • Options
    I do email the samaritans sometimes but I prefer TS.
  • Options
    He's just smacked me.
    I'm sat here in the bathroom crying.
  • Options
    It's time to leave.
  • Options
    He smacked me, about an hour later I thought I'd brave going back to bed and we argued again, then he smacked me and nearly broke my finger. He's hurt me quite a lot of times but never this many times at once.
    I got sexually abused by my cousin, it stopped about 2-3 years ago, last night after he smacked me again he said I deserved that off my cousin and I was probably gagging for it and that he hopes it happens again :(
  • Options
    It's time to get out. Call the police
  • Options
    No way, if I'm not brave enough to talk to TESS or women's aid about it I am definitely not brave enough to call the police.
    I've been trying to think all morning why I'm here still.. I don't know but in my head its like leaving isn't an option. Well its an option, but not something I can do. Do you understand what I'm saying? Don't know if it makes sense.
    Just gonna take some pain killers and do some ironing. Maybe if I do all the washing and ironing, when he wakes up he'll be less angry.
  • Options
    :crying: Feeling really shit today and can't stop crying.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    I don't know but in my head its like leaving isn't an option. Well its an option, but not something I can do. Do you understand what I'm saying? Don't know if it makes sense.

It does make sense, no doubt there are fond memories and you're scared you can't do better. But you really can - it's a case of wanting to have better for yourself. There's an article in Cosmo that you might find interesting - it says that women who are abused are usually happier than they expected to be when they leave. Take a look and let us know what you think.
  • Options
    I agree with the article, I like the bit where it says 'You need to remember that it's important to respect yourself enough to walk away from something that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.'
    I wish with all of my heart that I could take that step and walk out of here but I don't understand why I can't. I hate this, I hate feeling like this, I hate having to live off pain killers that make me tired to feel a bit more relaxed.
    I wish I had the guts and the money to go somewhere far away on my own until all of this is over.
  • Options
    Ahhhhhhhhhh! :banghead:
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Ahhhhhhhhhh! :banghead:

What's happened, Butterfly? *hug*'s.
  • Options
    Being a controlling prick again. I'm so angry with myself cause why the heck can't I leave!? I know I keep saying the same thing over and over on here but I don't fucking understand!
  • Options
    Have you got any friends who you can stay with for a night or two?

Please remember this is not your fault, there are options and people who will help.