Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Random facts ...

Danny!Danny! Deactivated Posts: 560 Incredible Poster
I thought it would be fun to start a random facts thread, please feel free to add yours in. Funny, interesting, just plain weird - all good :) Here's one to start:

One of the first pregnancy tests based on modern science (and therefore being successful in predicting pregnancy) used frogs (more successful than mice and rabbits which had been tried before!).

If injected with the urine of a pregnant woman, certain types of frogs will ovulate, and then you know you're pregnant!

(don't try this at home, it's a little unfair on the frog).

Comments

• JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Frogs as pregnancy tests...? :eek2: Gotta appreciate living in the 21st century!

My random fact is this:
    Someone has discovered how to make chocolate from nothing!!

Does anyone know how this works, or has this guy just broken maths?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what a wirerd fact that is i dint know that :L
    I'll tell you if you want :)
    That chocolate thing, how's that even possible? It's a complete recreation. Just amazing.
    puffislove wrote: »
    That chocolate thing, how's that even possible? It's a complete recreation. Just amazing.

It is not a complete recreation. If you want the solution to a quite similar puzzle, click here
    Spoiler !

http://i.imgur.com/nA53dlx.gif

Watch the video again. Put your cursor point on the top left or top right corner of the chocolate. When the pieces have been moved you'll see your cursor is now above the chocolate, so it's shrunk.