Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Your dream customer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am planning to ask my workmates this. For anyone who works in retail, customer service etc, if you could choose anyone to walk into your work who you would assist or serve, be it author, TV star, inspirational figures in life, who would it be? Where I work we do occasionally get famous people passing through, with one or two autographs here and there. Alright, it's not a totally original idea, but still interesting I think!

I'd choose Benedict Cumberbatch. Just to gaze into those greeny-bluey-golden eyes and let his food go cold :D

Comments

• Options
    Sue Perkins came into my work once. I hid so I didn't make a tit of myself, she's lovely.

We used to have a lot of authors come and sign their books and they were usually Vertu nice about it.
  • Options
    My sister met Keith Flint (from the Prodigy) once when she was working at The Body Shop and his girlfriend came in. She said he was really nice.

On the flip side, I know a couple of people who work/ed in Waterstones in Cirencester, and said that Dom Joly goes in all the time and tends to be quite brash and rude.
  • Options
    I'm 99% sure that Larry Miller was on a tour I gave when I was a tour guide.

He did not laugh once.

This led me to try and find out how to hire him for a fictional corporate event so that I could berate him.

I also stood behind Grant Stott in Game as he tried to buy Vice City. This was on the day it came out and they had sold through their entire stock. He looked so sad (this was roughly about the time that the stuff about his brother came out) that I almost gave him the copy that I had gotten earlier. But it was GTA, so I didn't.