Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

self harm vs anorexic thought

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
tonight and for the last week and a bit i have been cutting my self every evening because my some one in my head is getting so mad at me for what i have eaten in the day and its telling me i have to be punished i hate this as it goes on and on and wont stop constant criticism and constant reminders that i am not good enough.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    is anyone supporting you with this? a doctor or a counsellor maybe, or even just a friend?
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello Alex,

Welcome to TheSite.org message boards, and a massive well done for being able to reach out for support on here, that's a great first step to take when reaching out for support, just to echo what Omg Hi has said, often struggling with an eating disorder as well as self harm can be difficult to cope with alone, have you got any support around you. If not reaching out for support furthur beyond here might be a second step to take, for example, talking to your GP about some of the things that are going on and how you are feeling? TheSite.org have an article on reaching out to your GP for support, which you may want to check out :) - I personally found the article beneficial.

Do you think you would give that ago? Are you looking after yourself harm? Maybe it's about making a plan of things you can do to distract yourself after eating, for example, I used to stop myself from self harming by creating a list of things I could do, I would do it and do it over again, until the thoughts went, or I went to bed, TheSite.org also have an amazing article on Coping tips and distractions you might want to check out!

It's difficult when you're head wants is telling you something, for example 'I'm not good enough' but it's about quesioning that, why aren't you good enough? I would link, but I'm in college!

Best wishes,

Angel
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi alex,
    Welcome to the boards :)

Here are some links for the articles Angel mentioned:
    Seeing a GP about self-harm
    Real Life Story: Visiting my Doctor about self-harm
    Coping Tips and Distractions
    Dealing with Urges

Hope they're helpful