Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Urges...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Got such strong urges to self harm and overdose...I don't even know if I want to stop myself. I don't know what to do :(

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Really sorry to hear that lovely.

Do you have any distractions?

I am glad you posted cos that way people can try and advise you on the best step to move past the urges.

How are you feeling now?

Sometimes when I feel like that O go text or skype a friend, listen to some happy music or go to sleep.

Keep posting. And remember stay strong ♡

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What's your favorite activity? Reading? Listening to music? Gaming? Talking?
    Do what usually makes you happy. Then try to find out the reason of your thoughts. If you need some help with it, talk to your friends, post here or go to a therapy. Only after getting rid of the problem, you'll free from such thoughts.
    Don't give up!
    Good luck. :)
    Thanks guys. I am a bit better today but just trying to think of ways of distracting myself x
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    I am glad you are feeling bit better lovely. If you need a random chat, feel free to pm me on here :) x
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    Thank you x
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello BrokenGirl,

Sounds like you were rather overwhelmed last night, but a massive well done for reaching out for support on here, that is an amazing first step to take, I'm proud of you :) How are you doing today? *hug* What coping strategies or distractions did you try and use when you felt the emotions building up?

Best wishes,
    Angel
    Hi Angel thanks for your reply. I'm not very good i'm frustrated that my doctor sent an emergency referral to CMHT and yes I spoke to them yesterday but i've got to wait til Monday just to find out on any decision about my care...looks like I won't get an appointment for at least another week. Don't they realise it's an emergency i'm really struggling to keep myself safe and I really am not coping! Argh :( The Duty Worker I spoke to yesterday said about mindfulness stuff but more the practical kind of things like doodling on paper focusing on the patterns and colours and listening to music and focusing on the instruments and the lyrics...I've also tried watching TV a lot. But i'm running out of ideas and i'm really not very good at mindfulness I only had a few sessions and that was a while ago. I don't know how to get through til Monday let alone til whenever they give me an appointment! Argh :( XX
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey BrokenGirl,

How are things today? Have you found any new ideas to distract yourself?

It must be frustrating having to wait until Monday for news from CMHT, especially as you seem to be finding it difficult at the moment. If you find yourself struggling to keep yourself safe, it's worth remembering that you can talk to the Samaritans at any time.

Hope you're okay
    Hi JPick thanks for your reply. Not good at all tbh. I really don't know what to do with myself. I don't find the samaritans very helpful but I guess it's something. Thank you
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hi BrokenGirl,

How are you? I hope this week hasn't been too difficult. Have you heard from CMHT?