Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm feeling really depressed, crying every day. Trying not to self harm but not really seeing the point. Rang my therapist but she's off sick, rang another one (from group) no answer even though she said to ring, rang the unit reception lots of times, no answer and they didn't ring back when I left a message. Saw GP on Tuesday and seeing her next Tuesday. But that's 4 days away and I can't cope. I don't think I want to live anymore. Got to pretend I'm ok as have voluntary work with youth tonight just don't want to cry.

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey RandomGirl,

Did you go to Voluntary work with youth last night? It might help having something to take your mind of things, and actually doing something active. Could you use your DBT skills you have learnt and might find beneficial?

*hug*

Angel!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Big hugs RG *hug*

Is there any way you could see your GP on Monday? I realise that's still two days away though. Would your GP be able to make contact with the unit on your behalf?
    *hug**hug*
    **Angel** wrote: »
    Hey RandomGirl,

Did you go to Voluntary work with youth last night? It might help having something to take your mind of things, and actually doing something active. Could you use your DBT skills you have learnt and might find beneficial?

*hug*

Angel!
    Yes it went better than expected. Didn't cry or anything.
    ella! wrote: »
    Big hugs RG *hug*

Is there any way you could see your GP on Monday? I realise that's still two days away though. Would your GP be able to make contact with the unit on your behalf?

Not sure cos to get an appointment is hard cos they have triage GPs on the phone that make it hard.
    *simba* wrote: »
    *hug**hug*

Thanks.
    Today has been hard, missed the wedding I was meant to go to.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    Today has been hard, missed the wedding I was meant to go to.

What made you miss the wedding? I guess it's looking at it like, everything is as it is *hug* Would you like to talk a bit about why yesterday was difficult?
    I just didn't want to face the world.
    *hug* for you honey.

How you feeling today?
    I'm feeling very bad but I saw my therapist and she's calling me later. Being refered to the crisis house. And my beautiful fluffy cat is on my lap (he was damp when he got on me but not anymore).
    I understand the feeling, all the good things in life you think "what's the point/is it really all that?" and all the bad you think are terrible. I experienced depression a bit 6 months ago after failing my driving test third time, being rejected for a date, struggling to set up a business and developing a bout of worries. You just sometimes need a breather, some company, and find something good to do.:)
    Feeling wobbly.
    Hello RandomGirl, did you get a call back from your therapist, how did it go? Why are you feeing wobbly? *hug*
    Hi, I'm just new here but read your posts and can say I've felt very similar at times. Keeping busy I think is really good for distracting yourself from feeling so wobbly, even though you can still catch yourself feeling that way during any activity. If you persevere in something practical, something you enjoy or simply need to get done, you won't even notice your mind being distracted if that makes sense! I tend to try and get on with something and although I may occasionally feel stabs of anxiety, most of the time I realise at the end I've forgotten about the feelings!

Forgive my ignorance, but has there been a specific reason or event that's causing you to feel depressed? Job difficulties, family or relationship problems, or just a low period in life? I don't mean to pry of course, but at least you know it's not uncommon! X
    Shychick wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance, but has there been a specific reason or event that's causing you to feel depressed? Job difficulties, family or relationship problems, or just a low period in life? I don't mean to pry of course, but at least you know it's not uncommon! X

That's a good question to think about. Usually when I'm feeling low, I can usually later break down what feels like a myraid of worries into small bits, and find that it really comes down to a small number of unresolved issues or thoughts on my mind. If I can identify what my specific issues are, and maybe then write them down on paper as a note to talk to someone about them, then that may be half the battle sorted.

Even if you cannot resolve an issue immediately, if you can arrange to talk through it with someone or get the help you need, you'll feel much better.
    TBH gigstalksguy what you're talking about doesn't sound all that much like severe, chronic, clinical depression.
    I'm still here, saw the dr today and seeing her again Monday. Just waiting for assessment for admission now to the crisis house.

I'm not entirely sure why I'm depressed at the moment, I've got a few things going on but nothing that stands out particularly.
    :heart:
    people often don't understand that you don't have to be depressed about anything specific, you are just depressed and it has no rhyme or reason, but it bloody hurts. hope they sort your admission out soon x
    omg hi wrote: »
    :heart:
    people often don't understand that you don't have to be depressed about anything specific, you are just depressed and it has no rhyme or reason, but it bloody hurts. hope they sort your admission out soon x

Hello!

I personally don't thing people get depressed for no reason, and my old DBT Therapist thinks the same. But I do think something leads us to depression on a daily basis, etc. Even if it's not something visual, or anything, more on a self judgement basis. Like you could go from happy to depressed in seconds when the judgement of 'I'm not good enough' goes through your mind.

Often we don't look and explore the judgements that could lead us to depression, so we assume where just depressed for no reason. If you get where I'm coming from.

Anyhow, how are you doing RandomGirl? :)

Best wishes,
    Angel
    I'm still here. In my pyjamas didn't get dressed today. I didn't go to the youth thing tonight as too bad. Massive pile of washing up.
    I'm still here. In my pyjamas didn't get dressed today. I didn't go to the youth thing tonight as too bad. Massive pile of washing up.

Do you have anyone that can come over to give you a hand with the washing up, or for a slob out and a chat?
    Not today.

I'm still here, had some toast.
    Massive *hug* RG. Sorry I can't say/do anything more xx
    Massive *hug* RG. Sorry I can't say/do anything more xx

Thank you.

I ordered Dominos but I don't have the appetite to eat it.
    You know where I am if you need me. I just found some pressies for you but I lost your address!
    I had a rough night.

I feel so sick.
    I had a rough night.

I feel so sick.

Don't have much to say but *Massive *hug*'s* Have you managed to eat something? Feeling poorly can make you feel 100x worst, but were here for you. Do you have any support around you, or someone you can contact?
    I've had about a third of a piece of toast. It's going back on antidepresssants that is making me feel sick I think.

I'm seeing the gp this afternoon.
    No beds still.

I'm in a bad way. Might call the crisis team but they are of limited use.