Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hair!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have to get a haircut (it's a bit of a mess) but I'm not sure if I should keep it as it is or maybe make a change.

This is my hair now:
1157676_10100258456959010_1165361379_n.jpg

I quite like this:
heart-face-shape-hairstyles-dianna-agron.jpg

Thoughts?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I like how it is now, and I think you'd be able to do more styles with it at it's current length. The other one is really nice as well though, I just think it'll be a bit short to do much with! So I guess it depends how much you like to do different styles :)

edit: I think it'd be cool if you got a fringe put in though!
    Yeah I'm meant to have a "deep side" parting but it's all grown out because I've been negligent!

You're probably right, I struggle to style my hair to look smart for nice occasions at the moment
    For smart hair at the moment I'd recommend tying it up in a bun (it looks just about long enough!) maybe with a big clip? If you got it cut shorter, I think you'd probably just have to leave it down and straighten it for smart occasions. I used to have a cut like that, shorter at the back than the front, and it was soooo hard to do anything with other than straighten or curl.
    I am the opposite! I had my hair cut into the famous "pob" haircut in 2009 and am now going through the process of growing it out because you literally can do nothing but straighten it at that length...and if your hair grows like mine, it needs constant cutting (every 6 weeks!)

I like your current hair and the pic you put up...maybe you could combine the two? Maybe have a fringe/side fringe/shorter section that isn't quite a fringe...but keep a length where you can do a bit more with it...or so you can wear it up or down!?
    Yeah I just had my fringe cut back in in the end. I just find my hair a bit boring at the moment.

It's very fine and breaks easily so things like buns and pleats never quite work.
    Maybe next time you have it cut, have some layers put in? :) Might jazz it up a bit. Also, a bit pricey I know, but Lush and the Bodyshop have some really good conditioners.
    My hair is in a terrible state because of how much I bleach/dye it and their conditioners always make it so much better. They've stopped it snapping off so much. Might be worth a try :)
    Mayonnaise is the answer to everyones but afro and oily hair problems! Needs to be the full fat stuff but i think it beats any protein conditioner asides for the smell whilst its on your head (20 mins and wrap it with cling film).

You have straight hair so i'd go for layers like broken angel suggested. Sweeping fringes are good, but dont get anything cut too near your chin level.
    I don't have straight hair, it's curly/frizzy and I can't ready out with anything oily