Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New long thread

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Decided not to bring up my old thread so here's a new one.

-Uni is so hard already, so much pressure.
-My dad is starting chemo today.
-My main ex is now single which is a bit of a mindfuck.
-I have a meeting with my new CPN next week.
-I have such a squeaky bed in my new house. I'm not getting much sleep.
-This sounds lame, but it could actually affect my studying. I have loads of skin peeling off my fingers. If it gets any worse I'll need plasters which means I won't be able to wash my hands effectively = problem.

Hmmm

Comments

• Options
    RE: squeaky bed, what's it made of?
  • Options
    Metal with wooden slats.
  • Options
    Right-o. The squeaky is made from loose bits moving. So take your mattress off it and tighten up all the fixings. You'll want an allen key (hex head key) and a spanner probably.
  • Options
    Thanks, will hunt down an Allen key and get on the case at the weekend :)
  • Options
    Just had my appt with my CPN cancelled. Haven't seen anyone since June :(
  • Options
    I have such a squeaky bed in my new house

:naughty:
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad. :(
  • Options
    Thanks Melian.

And bed mostly fixed now, cheers Fiend.
  • Options
    Just had my appt with my CPN cancelled. Haven't seen anyone since June :(

This really sucks. Did they give a reason/ try to rearrange?
  • Options
    Illness. Said they couldn't rearrange, so just a cancel atm.
  • Options
    Feeling like tonight's the night to try and get myself away from this.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey yellowseahorse,

How was your weekend? Are you feeling any better?
    Let us know how it's going :)
  • Options
    I managed to talk to people on Friday night and I think that stopped me from doing anything bad.

Went into uni from 8-10, and now I'm back in bed being all like :crying:. Layaaaaame
  • Options
    Just want to cut all the bad things away.

I'm getting 0 support.

All of this is repetition, so there's no point saying anything to anyone. This keeps happening and it's gets harder.
  • Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey YSH,
    Sorry to hear it's still bad. *hug*
    Any word from your CPN?

How is everything else: Has uni got a bit better? It's understandable to feel under pressure, especially at the beginning. Are you starting to get used to it a bit?
    How's your dad doing?

Just because it's the same things on your mind doesn't mean they're not worth talking to people about. There's clearly a lot going on, so if you want to talk about them, we're all here :)
  • Options
    Thanks JPick.

Nothing from CPN. Tried calling reception yesterday but they kept disconnecting my call.

Uni is same old. Finding it hard to keep on top of things.

Dad is losing his hair and taste, but otherwise ok I think.
  • Options
    I had such a nice day but then came home and everything became painful again. Cut myself in the bath. Really need to see someone about my meds. I seem to have built up a tolerance to my sedative ADs, so it's just making me want to take more because they used to help me sleep but now they don't. I've also at times been prescribed diazepam to get me through the really tough moments (would take it once every week or so max) but haven't got any of that. No news from CPN, and it doesn't even matter because I'm not going to get any help because I'm moving in a year. They didn't bother up put me on a waiting list all of last year and now they'll say there's no point. Still can't face going back to GP. I walked out of last appt, definitely don't want to see him again, and know it will be in my notes, so next GP will automatically assume I'm trouble. I keep trying, and I keep trying to be positive, but I can't see my situation getting any better.
  • Options
    Hi Yellowseahorse :wave:

Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time *hug*

What did you do with your day that made it a nice day until you went home?
    Is there any way you can access emergency medical services that can provide you your meds?

By the way I noticed you have a quote at the bottom of your thread from the Levellers, do you like their music?

keep us posted of how you are

purple_rain :heart:
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hello YellowSeaHorse,

I don't have much to say, just really wanted to offer you hugs *hug* - Being supportless is very difficult and can also feel very lonely, but I'm glad you're reaching out to support on here. Can you talk to your GP over the phone, rather than having to see him in person? It can be difficult to see someone again after walking out one of there sessions, what made you want to walk out last time you saw your GP?

I'm surprised the office hadn't called you back instead of disconnecting it, that doesn't sound at all very supportive, you deserve to be offered better support. Do you have people you can call or helplines when you feel you're at risk, or instead of self harming look at distractions, it can be difficult to talk to people when we feel rather low, but it's about finding a coping strategy instead of self harming.

Best wishes,
    Angel
  • Options
    All pointless :banghead:
  • Options
    Called yesterday morning to try and get hold of my CPN, receptionist said her or someone from her team would call me back. No call.
  • Options
    *hug* can you try again today?
  • Options
    Thanks Ella. I called again and they sounded a bit more certain that they'll get someone to get back to me.
  • Options
    That's good news, fingers crossed that they do get back to you.
  • Options
    ella! wrote: »
    That's good news, fingers crossed that they do get back to you.

*hug*
  • Options
    Someone called me back. CPN is still off sick. Apparently I can ring in to talk to the on duty person whenever I want, or call the out of hours if needed. Otherwise go back to my GP. I can't go back to my GP, because he already thinks I'm not well enough to be at uni, so can't admit that I'm struggling.
  • Options
    Sorry it wasn't better news, but it sounds promising that you can ring them at any time.

I know we've talked about it before, but if you wanted to see a GP you can see a different one in the surgery, or register elsewhere.
  • Options
    Bad night tonight :(
  • Options
    Bad night tonight :(

*hug*

How are you doing today? Hope you're feeling a bit better.
    Still can't face going back to GP. I walked out of last appt, definitely don't want to see him again, and know it will be in my notes, so next GP will automatically assume I'm trouble.

I wonder about this - it may be in your notes that you ended the last appt abruptly but if you see a new GP, you might find that they are interested to find out why you walked out and why you're feeling frustrated - they might be more keen to listen to you?

Unfortunately you wont know until you try and there's no guarantee with GPs but you deserve to get the support you need, try not to forget that. If you want to talk about your meds then this is valid and important, as is you feeling that you want to be at uni even though you are struggling at the minute.

You mentioned as well that even after a good day you can still end up harming when you get home - do you have any ideas about what triggers that dip in mood? What does it feel like and do you think there's anything you could try to help you hold on to the positivity? Maybe writing about your day when you get in or something?
  • Options
    Thanks Jo *hug*

I'm not feeling much better tonight. I'm quite agitated :(

I could go and see a new GP, and I know it could be OK, but at the moment I feel too scared of it going badly and being out of options in terms of support.

After something good happens I feel like I return to the reality of things being crap, and just that difference in wheyyyy things are OK to wahhh I'm back to feeling like this AGAIN, good things never last / hardly ever happen make me feel shit.

I can't explain.

Stuff hurts me, and I don't want to hurt, or be hurt. I want to live, but I want that to be with my bad emotions dulled down and a whole lot less pain. The more the pain continues, the longer I see no improvement, the more I feel it's not worth continuing.