Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I am having a really bad day

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's in a run of not great days, and I need to make it to 4:30 before going home from work.

In 5 mins at 12:30 I get to have lunch, and then I need to do 1pm til 4:30pm which is only 3.5hrs. Those of you who also have depression and related issues know exactly what I'm talking about. How to break up the day, how to get through it. When you're having a bad run it's like someone turned gravity up.

I'm not so much asking for help, but asking for fragments of the day to use. And targets to aim for. Tomorrow Picc and I are going to her parents to have lunch, Picc's mum is a good cook and they're lovely people. So that's one thing. On Saturday Picc and I are going for a walk, a long one, we'll be out for a while enjoying the country-side and the air and stuff. It'll be good.

After lunch I will come back to my desk and do a little bit more work, and that's ok.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? Or do you just want to play Mornington Crescent or what colour are your pants?

Comments

• Options
    Can't promise my phone won't die, but I'm about if you need a chat x
  • Options
    It's not so much needing to talk.

It's finding a way of looking at the rest of my day and thinking that it's easy to get through.
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    It's not so much needing to talk.

It's finding a way of looking at the rest of my day and thinking that it's easy to get through.

Exactly ;). You get to have a chat with panda :p.
  • Options
    You are probably right.
  • Options
    Do you have a job where you can listen to music while you work? I often break my day up into albums or playlists that make up the whole day when put together.
    Plan your toilet breaks rather than just taking them whenever. Like tell yourself that you'll take a 7 minute break every hour or whatever whether you need one or not.
  • Options
    I have been doing that toilet break thing. It helps. But we're not allowed music which sucks because I'm convinced it would help.
  • Options
    I know you're not a tea-drinker (weirdo) but can you pop to the kitchen for a glass of water every now and again, there will probably people there (I'm guessing you don't chat in t'loo).
  • Options
    I'm doing that too, sometimes I take Donna and JoJo. That's good too. 2 hours 5 mins.
  • Options
    25 mins to go, this should not feel like a task that deserves a fucking medal.
  • Options
    Woop woop. My pants are stripey, blue and white :)
  • Options
    Woop woop. My pants are stripey, blue and white :)

Grey with pink edging and a rainbow on.
  • Options
    Here's bed stealing kittens for the home stretch :)