Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

confused & depressed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:( im 16. I turn 17 in October I have a doughter that just turned one august 5th. I was on meth for 3years and I met some crazy people. the father of my child is locked up in costal state prison and im lefty at home with my aunt and uncle because my mom and dad were on drugs also mom was doing ythem with me.. I recently have been digonosed with depression I don't want to get out of be I have suicidal thoughts and ive acted on thembefore I was in a mental instuite for a year.in the beginning with my daughter I done everything for her and about 4 months of age I stoped taking care of her and stayed in my room...I am too sad and have no motivation to be a mother.. her father abused me while I was pregnate and his family lied for him all the time. should I get child support? my mother has me and my daughter on her food stams she called the doctors office and had me take off my own daughters shot record...what should I do ? get my own food stamps? report it? talk to her? someone please help my life is a living hell right now....also

my sister is wayyyyyy prettier than me she post pic on faacebook nd looks great im short and my boobs are big and weigh 160 im fat... I recently got in touch with this guy that I used to hang out with...he added me on facebok and then we talked about moving in together and having a second child well I told him my friend brian took a picture of me climbing a tree and put in on facebook and it looked bad so I had to deleat it realy fast so he didn't see it he hung up on me and text me and called me a hoe and told me to let brian be my man instead of him.. he also hanges up and dosent answer and my emotions are really strong for him? advice? ask if you want to know anything but please don't be shy and help me ?

Comments

• Options
    JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Kacey,

It sounds like you’re finding life very difficult at the moment, and there seems to be a lot going on for you right now. It’s good that you’re looking for advice and well done for posting here :)

Something I should just mention quickly is that we’re based in the UK, so we can’t really help you with specific things like food stamps or child support; in the UK, there are different systems than in the USA, so we don’t really know how they work where you live.

You said that you’ve been diagnosed with depression and that you spent a year under close care for acting on suicidal thoughts. Do you think that year helped in any way, or is it the same or worse than before? It can be really hard trying to deal with depression by yourself and it sounds like you’re a bit on your own at the moment. Have you talked to anyone about what you’re feeling? Do you have friends you trust? How about Brian, or your aunt and uncle? There’s an organisation called Befrienders Worldwide, who are great to talk to about the kind of thoughts you say you’ve been having. Maybe you could email/phone those guys?

We’ve got a lot of information about depression on our site, which might be worth looking at, although bear in mind that many of the helplines and services we include are UK-only. You could also try the website for your city/country government, as they might provide some local services (for example here or here).

Another thing you talked about was feeling that you don’t like the way you look, and the trouble you’re having with this guy you used to hang out with. I can understand this must be hard, especially as you’re feeling a bit low anyway. We have some articles about body image that might be helpful.
    Your post was a few days ago, so has the situation changed? How do you feel now?

Hope you’re okay,
    JPick