Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Crisis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i'm in a really bad way atm I guess I am in a crisis. But I don't think I want help anymore or even if I do I haven't got it in me to even try anymore. I am scared because hospital seems like a likely option atm. Today i'm trying to get myself discharged from CMHT...they can't do enough for me right now anyway. It does feel like i'm impossible to help. I don't know what other people do when they're in a crisis but any advice and support would be appreciated. Thanks x

Comments

• Options
    I feel like i'm in the same/similar position to you so i'm not sure what to suggest. umm maybe you could elaborate on different issues and we can discuss them? or if not, maybe tell the CMHT what you just wrote on here? you never know, they *might* be able to help you out.
  • Options
    I've decided to tell them I give up so they can forget sorting out another appointment and they can just discharge me. I have no fight left in me anymore...thanks for your reply and sorry to hear you're in a similar situation x
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey *BrokenGirl*

It sounds like you're feeling lost at the moment and I'm sorry to hear you don't feel your CMHT can help. What kind of support are they offering at the moment?

It would be good to know a bit more about what's going on for you right now - what's your home life like, are you studying or anything similar? Sometimes it can help to break things down to try and work out what some of the most difficult factors are.

I think there's still some fight in you yet *hug*
  • Options
    Hi Helen thanks for your reply and hugs!

I was seeing a social worker and a cpn usually weekly sometimes twice weekly and it would alternate between the two of them. Then in the last few months I've been not answering their calls cancelling appts and discharging myself.

I spoke to the social worker a couple of weeks ago and i reluctantly agreed to start trying again but he said they would discuss my case in the meeting which would have been last Monday and speak to the manager, but said i would probaby have to be re assessed and i may have to change care coordinators, which i wasn't happy about...they said they'd call last Tuesday to let me know what had been decided. I never got a call.

Then they rang me Wednesday cause apparently my mum had called them and she was worried about me. They also said they hadn't got back to me yet as their manager hasn't been in. They wanted to check if i was okay and said to call them back and that they would be around most of the day Thursday. So i rang got a receptionist who said he wasn't in work yet and they'd ask him to give me a call when he around in a few hours and i got
    nothing. So guessing they dont care and can't be bothered?

Was planning to get myself discharged anyway so going to try to today. I'll probably regret it but I've definitely given up.

Working but very part time and work is stressing me out atm. Got suspended and sent home from uni earlier this year due to my mental health and not allowed back unless i get well and unless my doctor supports that which she won't anytime soon. Living back at home with parents and i hate it.

Just give up :(