Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Pasta drying out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On Tuesday evening I made a big bowl of tuna pasta with mayo, peppers, onions, cucumber etc, had half for lunch yesterday and taking the other half today, but even yesterday after kept in a air tight container in the fridge it had all dried out like there was no mayo to begin with. Is it worth just not putting any mayo in at all but waiting to put it in on the day?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Or make it with tomatoe as the liquidy bit.

How big is the airtight box? Cramming it into a box it will only just fit in will also help.
    Fridges dry food out. Either do what Ms Scary says or put in to a container and cover with clingfilm, but push the film down and make sure the film touches and covers the top of the food. It's the cold air it's reacting with that dries it out.
    Ooh i see i didn't know that, thank you
    BUT clingfilm will make food 'sweat'. It sweats, it gets damp, bacteria/mould start to grow. It's ok for a few days but things like cheese which will prob be in the fridge for a few weeks you shouldn't wrap in clingfilm :)
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Try putting some oil in the water when cooking the pasta, as that will help stop the drying out after.
    plugitin wrote: »
    Try putting some oil in the water when cooking the pasta, as that will help stop the drying out after.

I tried your tips to avoid pasta from drying out and it works and good very good result.I always keep in mind the tip given by you. Thanks for sharing...
    If pasta does dry out, and is to be eaten hot, I often throw a tablespoon of water over the dish before reheating in the microwave.