Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

O.k Couples, Put your Gloves Up!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Couples are really starting to do my head in.

You can find the most decent bloke in the world, but the moment he gets a girlfriend, thats it. Goodbye manhood.
Ladies too. She may be the most independant, thought provoking, witty and socialable woman ever, but she gets a good orgasam- boof! Want's to spend all her evenings in, hugging her fella and rubbing his chest.
They want to fake little rows with each other just so they can make up and give it the old "Ohh, i didn't mean it! come here". It makes me sick the way you people sit on the sofa at home, or in a club or bar, and feel you can't move or speak to anyone else without having a good snog first. IF YOU WANT TO DO THAT, THEN GO HOME TO THE BEDROOM AND DO IT! Don't fucking well drag the rest of us into your bubble. I for one, don't want to be there in your slobber.
Why is it the single mate is allways the outcast? Hmmm? He/She was sound before you got together, but now all you ask them about is if they have any relationships on the horizon.
You both start going out for evenings with people you don't even like just because they are a couple and "It's nice". I don't think it's "nice". I think it's pathetic. Just because you have met someone nice, doesn't mean you have to change your personality and your morals.
To top it all off. What really, REALLY narks me. Is the fact that when you go home together, you probably have conversations about your single friends and say things like "Oh bless him/her, they just need to meet the right person."
Er- no. They don't . They are actually a lot more centered than you insecure bastards because they don't need to cling on to anyone 24/7!!

Ahhhhh. Thats better. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    Dont worry babe i'll get you the help you need...! :D:p :eek:
  • Options
    Woah ! Handbags at twenty paces !!!
  • Options
    Wow Pistol, someone really p*ssed u off!

I'm with my boyf 2yrs [pls dont kill me, ;)] but thank God I'm not 1 of the couples u described! They do my head in 2. A really close friend of mine turned in2 1 of them & now I rarely c her & if I do all she talks about is her boyf, hoe great he is & do I think mine is the 1!

I think 1 of the great things about being with someone is that when u go somewhere u know that there is some1 there who thinks u are great & u dont have 2 slobber all over each other 2 prove it!
  • Options
    NOT GUILTY! I have a lovely boyfriend who I see once or twice a week (not at weekends - I'm out with me mates).
  • Options
    Re: O.k Couples, Put your Gloves Up!
    Originally posted by pistol
    Want's to spend all her evenings in, hugging her fella and rubbing his chest.

Erm why? :rolleyes:

I have a wonderful man, but I'm an independant woman too. :)
  • Options
    You are right that people in a new relationship do often act like this but if you have been going out with anyone for any length of time you soon find out it gets a bit boring, and just because you want to have your own life it doesn't mean that your partner is going to cheat on you.

I think once you get through that 'will he/she leave me if I'm not with them all the time' barrier then things become a lot more normal (Or you split up because you are too obsessed and your partner can't handle it)

I've been with the same bloke for 7 years but we do our own thing and I have loads of single friends and I don't try to pair them all up - who would I go out on the town with then!
  • Options
    8thinks pistol needs a lover*
  • Options
    death to smug-marrieds ;):D

I consistently take the piss out of my other half (as you will witness on the boards, satan my arse ;) ) and we can be very affectionate in public - doesn't stop us spending time with our friends.

Mind you - we only see each other every fortnight anyway... :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by Meg
    I consistently take the piss out of my other half (as you will witness on the boards, satan my arse ;) ) and we can be very affectionate in public - doesn't stop us spending time with our friends.

Mind you - we only see each other every fortnight anyway... :(

What about your arse? :p

Watching people being overly affectionate in public gets on my nerves, but I've been guilty of it,um, once or twice. :D
  • Options
    :eek:

WHEN!

:mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Meg
    :eek:

WHEN!

:mad:

Erm, I meant with you dearie :p

Or are you suggesting that I'm not affectionate *enough*? :confused:
  • Options
    Shit! I have so much to say but no time to do it. You wait till i get back from work.....
  • Options
    Right. Reply's as follows:-

Lacymay2k- I think your a bit young for me but thanks for the offer! Also I DON'T NEED ANY HELP!!!!!

Miaow- I don't know why. I think it's just in womens genes that they get the guy they want and therefore want to settle. You may be independant but i would put money on the fact that you don't see your friends as much as you used too! Or if you do you just bang on about your fella. I.e Like your second sentance here.

Rockerchick- I don't need a lover thankyou. If i want a shag i will go and get one.
    Also when i was in relationships i had time for all my friends- Male and Female. Men have particulary done my nut lately because when they were single they were all like "Well i would never let a woman treat me like that. I'd do this..." THEY DON'T! They turn in to teddy bears! Why? I'd rather be single than become somebody's poochycoochywoochy.

And finally Satan and Meg. Oh my god. Sort your lives out. Sort. Your. Fucking. Lives. Out. Do you not have e-mails where you could do this sort of thing in private? I can't decide if you are doing it to wind me up or if you actually enjoy this sort of internet squabbling foreplay. Either way it's friggin lame!

To the rest- I am not mad about anyone being a couple. In fact, good luck to you. Just don't grind it in peoples faces!

Happy Petting
  • Options
    erm...ok! i dont think anything anyone says is going to make you happy!!:p one thing i must admit does annoy me..when a girl gets a boyfriend and he doesnt have a name anymore..he just becomes "my boyfriend"! its "my boyfriend this.." and "my boyfriend that.." "have you seen my boyfriend??" what? he doesnt have a name anymore??!! lol!!!:D i hate when this happens to my guy friends i just answer with "what? who are you talking about?" and look really confused - that usually shuts them up!!!;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pistol
    And finally Satan and Meg. Oh my god. Sort your lives out. Sort. Your. Fucking. Lives. Out. Do you not have e-mails where you could do this sort of thing in private? I can't decide if you are doing it to wind me up or if you actually enjoy this sort of internet squabbling foreplay. Either way it's friggin lame!

Calm down Pistol. :)

In fact, Meg & I rarely mention that we're a couple on liv4now or here. Was just taking the piss.

Now don't get stressed over something so minor. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Meg
    death to smug-marrieds ;):D

Charming. We just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last week and 20 years of being together.

Me & Mrs Rigg never converse on discussion boards. She used to lurk on L4N but not post. Mind you, she is in Cornwall now on hol with the kids. I'm off to the pub.
  • Options
    New couples act like this but trust me, after three 1/2 years together they don't!

The fights are real, the making up isn't as fun (no one likes to swallow their pride) and you're too busy fighting to even think about your single friends!

You know what pisses me off? Bitter single people, now if only they could find the right person....:p
  • Options
    shut the fuck up Pistol. the reason your mates dont want to see you anymore is because your a jealous twat and you cant stand seeing people happy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    shut the fuck up Pistol. the reason your mates dont want to see you anymore is because your a jealous twat and you cant stand seeing people happy.

Oh, ok.. I was trying to say that the nice way! ;)
  • Options

Thankyou so much for proving my point entirely.

I ain't jealous at all. I can't be arsed to explain why i am single again, and why should i have to? I am best man at my friend's wedding next year. I am so happy for the fella.
    Jealous? Why? I could only be jealous if i wanted what some of my friends do. I don't.
    Mates don't want to see me? Still got loads of mates who i go out with. Few of them do my head in because of the way they change with their other half thats all. They know they do. I tell them.
    Why do you think i am not happy? Anything in the posts suggest that? Pissed off yes, but not unhappy.

Your the twat. Because you are replying with the same sort of arrogance i previously mentioned. I wonder if you'd be so confident if you were single?
  • Options
    I agree with Pistol totally on this one I couldnt have worded it better myself. From experience I know that being the single one out of ya mates and all that just aint nice, I had a really good friend all through secondary school we were inseperable, then she got a boyfriend last novemeber and since then weve just drifted apart. Although we are still mates I hant seen her for weeks now which is the longest weve EVER gone without seeing eachother and it hurts to think that she doesnt need me anymore shes having her fun with her boyfriend so she doesnt even miss me :( Even on the rare occasion we do see eachother shes continuously phoning/texting him and talking about him.

Lovey dovey couples just dont spare a thought for those less lucky as them, its like so annoying and I hate it, its not being jealous at all, its being angry and hurt that your best mate can just kick you to the kerb cos theyve got a boyfriend.

But well I guess its just a fact of life isnt it so we just got to put up with it but all I can say is it shows who your real friends are when they get boyfriends. My now best mate really is a good mate she always puts her mates first before her boyfriend and it makes her a very special mate to me. She would always put me first and I think is really nice of her and it just shows that she really values our friendship and I like that.
  • Options
    I've got to say I am guilty of this, as all the liv4nowers know.

All I can say is I'm sorry, can see what you are getting at, but when you fall in love that person is and should be the most important person to you. After a while you do start to be able to stop only thinking about them. It's then that it becomes just being with that person that becomes important and not all the lovey dovey stuff as before, give them a chance and they will come back, but you have to accept that they are part of a pair now, not just a single person.
  • Options
    Originally posted by angelbabe

My now best mate really is a good mate she always puts her mates first before her boyfriend and it makes her a very special mate to me. She would always put me first and I think is really nice of her and it just shows that she really values our friendship and I like that.

In all seriousness if I were her boyfriend I would be more than a little pissed off that my girlfriend valued her friends over me!

You should value them both equally and place neither one over the other!
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

In all seriousness if I were her boyfriend I would be more than a little pissed off that my girlfriend valued her friends over me!

You should value them both equally and place neither one over the other!

id go one further than that, and say that if its a serious relationship, then that should come first. although friends are very important and I dont like it when somebody in a relationship doesnt have time for friends, but that phase rarely lasts long.
    my husband is more important to me than my other friends - if he wasnt, i wouldnt have married him, although i do love and value my 2 best female friends a lot
  • Options

id go one further than that, and say that if its a serious relationship, then that should come first. although friends are very important and I dont like it when somebody in a relationship doesnt have time for friends, but that phase rarely lasts long.
    my husband is more important to me than my other friends - if he wasnt, i wouldnt have married him, although i do love and value my 2 best female friends a lot

Well said, I agree, although I didn't want to be quite as controversial, but I am glad someone had the guts to say it!

I love and cherish my friends (male and female) but there are some things you experience with friends (which in my case includes my boyfriend because we're all mates together) and some things you experience with your partner.

In a relationship which is destined to last you have time for both, but I agree, your partner should be more important.
  • Options
    was that contraversial :confused::confused:
    oh dear.
  • Options
    was that contraversial :confused::confused:
    oh dear.

Not really controversial, I meant, erm, I meant I didn't want an argument with anyone!!

Sorry, I can't put it any better than that really. But I agree with you 100%, you just put it better!
  • Options
    Yeh BumbleBee and Rainbow Brite I understand what your saying and I guess it is true, but all I mean is that she doesnt just completely blank her friends like other people I know have, she does treat us equal in some respect but then maybe shes just not as serious about her boyfriend as some are?