Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Breastfeeding ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I used a breastfeeding app, but not this one (I hoiked them out wherever necessary). Mine was to help me remember if I'd fed or not so I could figure out if the shrieking was likely to be hunger, cause I was so sleep deprived I didn't know wtf was going on.

Pretty helpful!
    Round here they used to have stickers in cafes etc which told you they were breastfeeding friendly.
    I'd be more likely to go in one that wasn't though, lol, just to dare someone to complain.
    ooh!

Never had a problem breastfeeding out in public. I know the law is on my side so I can tell anyone with a problem where to go.
    Last year, a relative was told to feed her baby in the toilet. Disgusting.
    I like the story, almost certainly apocryphal, about the brasserie in Newcastle's John Lewis. Old fogey complains about breastfeeding at another table, so the waiter confirms he'll do something about it. Two minutes later, old fogey gets his bill.
    Ha, that's brilliant.
    A friend of mine was once told to go into the toilets but then asked the woman (a woman!) if she'd eat her food in the toilet and she just walked away.
    It's mad, we're bombarded with breasts everywhere advertising all sorts of things but then a woman gets them out to feed a baby and there's a big fuss.