Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Really frustrating

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A new position for assistant manager has been created. Someone will be filling that shortly and we're anticipating the person's arrival anytime soon. We, especially my supervisor, wants to make a good impression. Consequently, the environment changed. We're no longer allowed to have fun or talk to each other unless it's related to getting then job done. I witnessed that firsthand a few days ago during my shift. It is incredibly blah. Indeed, there's no more screwing around or talking to each other just to talk. It's serious all business mode. How to deal when you like having fun? I mean, no one even ask each other how their weekend was ne more.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    --post deleted----
    FishyFrags wrote: »
    Think it was that bad I would walk out.... But that's just me.

Can't talk about anything. Yeah whatever.

Especially can't joke around. My supervisor even specifically told me not to talk to ppl and then I looked around and nobody else is talking to each other either. She even said about the changes made to the dept.
    Perhaps your supervisor has taken taken issue with the ways you have acted in the past.
    I guess you could resign, and you reason for resignation could be that you're not allowed to piss about any more. That'd set you up well for your next role.
    Uh...fuck sarcasm?
    Only if it's consensual.