Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Itchiness! >.<

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey

Bit of a random one, but I've got this weird feeling of itchiness that is like, under my skin/ in my muscles (mainly in arms, but a little bit all over) and also in my gums and it's really annoying me. It has been on and off for a few months, but I'm wondering is it worth bothering a GP about? Or a dentist? I take care of my teeth and put moisturiser on my skin everyday. I can't fathom out what it might be, I have done a Google search but not really got any answers that might relate to me. All I can think is, do I need a blood test to rule out some sort of organ failure/ thyroid problem, or could it be anxiety related? I'm having to fidget and scratch and tense up and then relax my muscles to get any relief... anyone know what it might be?
It has flared up today, but gums have been a bit itchy over past few days, but last time it was this bad I was in a meeting with psychiatrist and quite agitated and of course that didn't make me look 'well'. :/ So for that reason I'm thinking possibly anxiety related? o.O

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Are you on any opiate medication? It sounds like it could be a medication reaction
    yeah, currently taking 30/500 cocodamol, usually a couple of tablets a day sometimes less sometimes more. Have just read about it and could be that. Not entirely sure what to do about it tho
    Antihistamines or antihistamine cream