Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How to get an injunction?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The police are aware of what's going on. Being constantly contacted by someone who has been told several times to stop it. It seems that no matter how many times he's told to stop it, (been advised to not say anything; as I'm giving him what he wants) he carries on.

It's to do with this

Other people have spoken to him and he's taken no notice. He blamed me for his behaviour and says I'm in the wrong and what he's doing is "normal".

He keeps making new Facebook profiles and requesting to be friends with me. This is despite me telling him several times that we can't be friends.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there Melian,
    Really sorry to hear that this behaviour is ongoing. It must be so stressful for you to get on with the rest of your life. I'm sure it's really hard to ignore as well.

It's good you have been to the Police and I would suggest that you keep reporting new incidents to them. Even if they don't do anything it is a good record of what has happened. Also make a written note of anything that happens.

In terms of getting an injunction for this harassment, you may find this information useful - http://www.compactlaw.co.uk/free-legal-information/injunctions/what-is-an-injunction.html
    I also found this previous question to our askTheSite service which you might find helpeful - http://www.thesite.org/homelawandmoney/askthesiteqandas/legalandrightsqandas/stalkerstress

I hope this helps.
    Thanks. :) When I was talking to the police yesterday, it seemed as though because he has learning disabilities, (as do I) he doesn't understand right from wrong, therefore, it's ok. Except, I think he understands what he's doing and he knows it's wrong.

I spoke to a friend this morning and said that I've been sent a friend request. He checked his wife's Facebook account and she had one. He then said that it seems as though I'm not being specifically targeted. The friend is going to talk to the company who supply his PAs.
    have the police had a word with him? how old is he, could they have a word with his parents?
    He's 23. The police haven't spoke to him; as I don't have any contact details for him.
    I would talk to the police first if you haven't, they may be able to do something.
    I've done that. They want to me to see them again on Tuesday. They took the number of someone who should have the details for this person and knows what's been going on. She might also be able to give them his contact details and speak to him.
    its a long story but I was 'stalked' and harassed by a girl with learning difficulties/autism for over 2 years. for ages I felt like I couldn't do anything about it because she had special needs so I felt bad for making a fuss. after about 6 months I had a word with her parents which stopped it for a few months, and when it started again I contacted the police (with the support of her parents) who got one of the PCSO's to have a stern word with her, which worked. hope you manage to get somewhere with it.
    Thanks. He's the second person to do this to me this year. But it was never this bad with the other person, who I think only stopped because he was sectioned. I was then told he's done this to other people too.

I don't know his parents; so can't ask them to have a word with him. Several people have complained about his behaviour too.