Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

the pill is confusing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:confused: ok, so im on the pill(the 3week one n then 1week without). n ive been on it 4 bout 5months now. neway, ive never forgotten to take one sept for on friday!!
i tuk it on sat morning wen i realised n then tuk the next one wen i usually do. one of the things it says to do if u do that is to use other forms of contraception 4 the next 7days.
so im doing that but erm.......the condom split to day!
so what do i do??? the 7days arent over yet so does that mean im not protected. yet when you first start on it your protected from the first time you take it.
ne one else confused???:rolleyes: :)
so help me pls!!
what do i do?? has that happened to neone else at any time before??
thanks XXX

Comments

• Options
    Normally you have a "12 hour window" in which to take a pill that you forgot to take at your normal time and still have it work effectively.

You did the right thing by taking it when you remembered and then taking you next one as per normal. The question is, did you take the "forgotten one" in that 12 hour period?

If you did, you should be okay (this is based on my experience only, however).

The only thing that you can do is wait and see unfortunately. However, may I suggest that if this happens again that you take a stroll down to your doctor and get the morning after pill or at least have a chat to them about what happened. Being advised as to what to do in those circumstances by a proffesional is able to put your mind at considerable ease.

Lastly, you might want to have a discussion with your boyfriend as to how he is putting the condom on. As I thought that they only really split when they aren't put on properly, however I could be wrong. :confused:
  • Options
    I can't quite understand what you're saying but if you have a query with the pill try calling NHS Direct, or ask your doctor or local family planning clinic. I hope they can understand you.
  • Options
    Ohhh so he got his thing fixed, i hope my plaster cam in usefull :D
    Have you read the factsheets on the site maybe they would help?
    The pill
    I think it is not effect if you take it more than 12 hours late, so how long exactly did you go with out taking one?
    I think you should be alright, but then i'm a lad i dont know too much about it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You should probably get the morning after pill. It's available up to 72 hours after you have unprotected sex/the condom splits/whatever else.
  • Options
    You need to get some emergency contraception, and do so as fast as you can. The sooner you take the post-coital pill, the more effective it is.

http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/contraception/emergency_contraception.html